Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,785   Online: 1013

Shooter
    35mm

Filter Storage Options Sought

Please see the photo below, these are the rear bayonet filters which fit the Nikon 16/2.8 fisheye as well as the 15/3.5 ultrawide and the exotic 13/5.6

Nikon confusingly calls these 39mm Rear Bayonet Filters and they shouldn't be confused with the 39mm Rear Filters for long telephotos - it took me ages to find the red because of this. I'm looking for a good way to store them. Most filter wallets are far too big for these little things as they're designed to accommodate filters up to around 80mm. Nikon actually makes a special pouch called the "CA-2". There's one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

£24 shipped is a little expensive, so I'd like to hear any suggestions as to how I could store these is a safe way. Thanks!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve:

Would they fit in a cassette case?

http://www.sleevetown.com/cassette.shtml
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Lowepro filter wallet
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Matt - That may work, I'll have to dig one out and see if there's room before perhaps lining it with foam.
    Ben - Any particular model?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They only make one model http://products.lowepro.com/product/...ket%2C1945.htm Amazon UK sell them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might have a look in Boots or Super Drug, I think there's women's make up cases that might be ideal. Also Poundland

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might pay a visit to your local fishing tackle shop. I dealt with this problem (small diameter, fat filters) by buying a case used for fishing flies. It is made out of closed cell foam with a fabric covering. I did some -- uh -- "creative" work on it with a temperature controlled soldering iron. I then cut some craft foam and glued it in with rubber cement to create pockets for the filters.

It hasn't seen much use yet, but so far, so good. I have some doubts about the concept of magnetic catches, but they seem to work. Larger sizes are available, but this seemed about right for me. Here in the US, LL Bean carries them, I think it was about $10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _E5758_Bay1_FilterCase.jpg   _E5759_Bay1_FilterCase_Open.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin