Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,680   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marek Warunkiewicz View Post
    The reason this lens is one I looked at is that many years ago, back in 1974, I had a Leica M3 with the same lens. I had bought it for myself on my 16th birthday. I loved it so much, an amazing thing to own and use. So my "best friend" of 5 years asks me if he could borrow it for the weekend. I said yes. A year later, I get it back, only after writing a letter to his parents since he would not answer calls, etc. When his dad brings it over, the lens on it isn't my lovely 35mm but a crappy 50 mm collapsible. They denied that the lens was different! Nice, eh?
    I would have gone to bang the door of your friend till you get to see your 35mm back even if it has turned into dust. The idea of lending such stuff to a friend is because you trusted him and his integrity. Perharps you have the receipt for the purchase and will just have to make a huge fuss so much so that you can bring the lens to the seller you got the lens from to confirm that it is the lens you brought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm partial to this one, missing parts and all: http://cgi.ebay.com/Film-holder-35mm...item336505379b

Of course you can get a brand new one from Kienzle _with all the parts_ for quite a bit less...... Or is it "rare" because it is damaged??

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't you love it when people continually emphasize RARE RARE RARE. Heck, if I'm looking for it, I would know!
    K.S. Klain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin