Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,651   Online: 851

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikkor-H 50mm f2 disassembly question

I had heard somewhere that Nikon techs would heat the screws up on the 50 f2 if they didn't come out, and they used a form of Loctite to set them in place.

I'm restoring one I'm about halfway through it, I have to get the front off so I can re-grease the helicoids and clean the elements. What do I do about cleaning fungus? I got the outside of the elements cleaned and they look great. I also have a bit of spiderwebbing inside I think it's fungus too. The image created isn't bad and you can't notice any of these defects in the picture but I figured while I have it apart I may as well. I do plan on leaving it in the Florida sun wide open to kill off any fungus living inside it now.

One other issue I'm having is the front retaining ring that says "Nikon" f=50mm Nikkor-H Auto 1:2 etc. I have the screw out but it won't budge. How do you get it out?

Thanks in advance.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Um, which screw? The one on the front? After pulling that one out use a small pick in the hole to unscrew that front ring. To get to the helicoids you need to go in from the back (mount) side, take off the chrome trim ring (with the DOF markings) and then it will all be clear.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah that one in the front. I gave it a good stout whack with a pick and tried to spin it off but it isn't budging the least bit.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin