Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,165   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

Unless you meant j-dogg's comment. He said dslr. NBD, then. Long as it's insured.
    I couldn't give a rats rump about digischist, they all need to fall in a swamp. Actually, swamps perform a necessary service in our envirnment, melt all the infernal digis.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I think I'll give Mr. Hendrickson a call, I'll unload all my 50mm f2's and see what he can do! haha!
    @lxdude, the camera only came with the strap lugs. So I (unfortunately) just put on a third party generic strap. The strap broke at the point where the actual fabric meets the metal lug of the strap (which then is attached to the LX lug). So, no fault with the LX!
    Yeah, I've moved the shutter dial, no dice. The mirror is up and it looks like it wants to stay there . I'll send the camera with the lens because it looks like the lens took most of the damage. There's a dent in the filter threads, but I was able to 'kinda' bend it back into shape, so filters can still be put on. But the lens is probably completely out of alignment...
    As for insurance, I won't be able to afford it now! Students need to eat!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will need a thorough checking to restore to spec, but the actual problem may be simple to resolve, i.e., adjustment. Do take out those batteries if you haven't yet. Get a good strong strap-they're about 20 bucks or so.
    Eric should be able to straighten out those filter threads as part of everything.

And, my condolences. A painful experience, no doubt.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    The pentaxs.com guy-Eric Hendrickson-has a very good reputation. He likes to make sure things are done right. He has done some great work for me. His prices are reasonable.
    BTW-he is also happy to take donations of Pentax stuff which you don't want, which he can use for parts. I've tossed a few things in the box for him to keep-stuff which I didn't need (I have more than enough 50mm f/2's, for instance) or were for cameras I don't have. I figure he does his best to take care of us, so I'll do what I can in return.

I don't know if you mean me, but I guess I'll do in a pinch, anyway.
    Yep--don't know why I blanked on that, but thanks for stepping in. I must be getting old, the memory's going.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin