Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,687   Online: 932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax LX questions

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the Pentax LX:

1. I'm trying to figure out which lenses will work with it. I know the FA series will, but are there others?

2. Are the silver oxidde batteries still available?

3. Any other quirks or things to know about?

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    1. All K, M, A, F and FA lenses directly. M42 screw mount lenses via adapter, with manual aperture control.

2. Yes.

3. Start here...

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...axlx/index.htm

...and here:

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/bodies/film_LX/index.html

If you're buying one, watch out for "sticky mirror" syndrome.

The Pentax authorized repair center - CRIS - will still accept LX's, but is starting to warn about parts availability. Eric Hendrickson will still work on LX's too. If you're having an LX repaired, ask whether the shop still has the special goop needed to re-establish full weather sealing when the camera is reassembled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2. standard LR44's work, and their available everywhere.

3. DON'T DROP IT! and, when buying one, see if it comes with strap lugs. the lugs are quite rare!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    An elegant camera. I had one before I went to Nikon, it's a truly beautiful little machine.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm
    Batteries are abundantly available but most of it's shutter speeds are still available even when battery is drained. It's metering range is unparalleled even by today's latest and greatest. Unlike most all others - except for the Oympus OM2 and OM4, it will continue to monitor the scene and change the exposure time accordingly. OTF metering and flash are as good as it gets in TTL mode. Build quality is second to none. Smallest interchangeable VF camera and the only one Pentax ever made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjam64 View Post
    2. standard LR44's work, and their available everywhere.

3. DON'T DROP IT! and, when buying one, see if it comes with strap lugs. the lugs are quite rare!
    Is that the same lug system as the Hasselblad? ( and Bronica ETR and Kiev60)

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm currently shooting with an LX and the "sticky mirror" is not as dramatically important as people tend to think about it. I've applied pencil graphite from a sharpener to the little rubbers where the mirror rests and I've had no sticky mirror incidents for the last couple of years. Also, I've read somewhere that "sticky mirror" is supposed to make the lens misfocus due to mirror misalignment but I haven't experienced anything like that on my shots. I believe this must be an issue when shooting wide open with tele lenses where it's more obvious.
    My portfolio (film mostly):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsts/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by C A Sugg View Post
    Yep, so one can use Hasselblad straps, but having the lugs makes things so much easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by C A Sugg View Post
    They are DIFFERENT! I had LX lugs installed in my Spotmatic SL and they do not accept Hasselblad straps.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin