Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,486   Posts: 1,644,757   Online: 908

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    That puzzled me for sure... it's like some guy with a clipboard came into the lab and said, "we can knock $4 off our cost if we eliminate the synch connection and make 'em all use the hotshoe..." (and buy a dedicated flash, too... $$$ )
    All the better to sell you AS-15s(at $27.50 a pop), my dears!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    All the better to sell you AS-15s(at $27.50 a pop), my dears!
    And I lost one or two.. I remember needing one for the 8008 too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for the advice, it really helps!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    N90 if you can find one for your price... bullet proof camera, just look out for dented up shutter blades...
    I wouldn't be shy to buy and "ugly" one if it performs well.
    I moved up to F100, which is as good as an F5 in my book and LIGHTER.... I shot a lot of film at the time and liked the in-body aperture control of the F100... but the N90s was no slouch and aside from the aperture control that at the time was important to me the N90 is a very nice package.
    the 8008 was a troublesome camera for me... owned 4... and they all were in and out of Nikon service from time to time.
    Funny. Lucky...I guess. I've had an N8008s for 20m years and not a problem. I also have 3 F90X.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years ago, I received a Nikon N70 as a gift from a colleague who was going digital. I started using the inexpensive auto exposure/auto focus N70 as a backup to my Nikon F4.

I am unable to compare the N70 to the N60, N80, N90, or N8008; however, I am impressed with the performance of the N70 enough to recommend that you also consider it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Glad someone mentioned the N70. That is what I settled on. Being a confirmed manual focus user I had ignored AF for years until it occured to me and my aging eyes that AF may have advantages in some situations (i.e. grandchildren).

Bought a 4004s, then a 5005 (slow AF and couldn't meter with MF lenses) and then a F100. The F100 is a great camera if used often but I don't like the weight and having to relearn it each time. The N70 can meter with AI and Ais lenses and is relatively lightweight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the N65 and an N90s and, for me, the only advantage of the N65 is that it is quite a bit smaller/lighter than the N90s* and Nikon's ML-L3 wireless remote will work with it... and I do love that little remote

Otherwise, go with the N90s. Great camera, killer prices on KEH.

Mike

*not that either are particularly bulky or huge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I'll chime in here too. The N90/F90 cameras are an incredible bargain and are
    ruggedly built.

I wish they had older style controls though like the F4 and N2020 but that's because
    I'm old school I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you wait long enough, the list will contain all the cameras Nikon has ever produced....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin