Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,610   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.dpug.org

Try it. It's cool.

Or at least it will be if all the people who ought to be posting on it do so, instead of doing it here! It's a bit slow right now, as it is just getting started. But at this point, the more people who participate, the better. It could actually be a much more suitable and useful site than A.P.U.G for half the people who post here regularly (maybe more).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.taje View Post
    Considering that this is ANALOG photography users group, this question regarding an i-would-like-to-but-i-cannot accessory for a D+@#al camera might be out of place.. I guess that this way you could possibly end up with the worst of both worlds, digi and "analog"; especially considering that sensors do seem to suffer from being hit at angles different from 90 degrees. And now they want them to bear with camera movements...
    Are you actually shooting (or planning to shoot) architecture/product for your living?
    - If so, probably that isn't the best combination for high quality results, so I would humbly advise to get a real (film) 4x5 monorail;
    - If not, I can't see the point of adding movements to a dslr. You say you want "more control": but in which area? Using film inherently means "more control" to me. In different areas from those offered by di@#[l, but they do a better control management FOR ME. Still, if you're not faintly suggesting a swith to film, I believe you are in the wrong place..

Hope it helped a bit -at least to formulate a more precise question-
    I don't see how you think that is more precise, but thanks anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    www.dpug.org

Try it. It's cool.

Or at least it will be if all the people who ought to be posting on it do so, instead of doing it here! It's a bit slow right now, as it is just getting started. But at this point, the more people who participate, the better. It could actually be a much more suitable and useful site than A.P.U.G for half the people who post here regularly (maybe more).

Thanks for that. I have reposted my question there, and have already received some much more useful comments. Thanks again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Welcome Saldun,

This forum is focused on analog photography so something like a digital view camera system might get you some snarky remarks. I'd recommend checking out DPUG and Hybridphoto.com (sister sites) since there will be a higher probability someone there will have experience with it. That being said, I never heard of that system before, so thanks for enlightening me!
    Yeah, I did get some more than snarky remarks, as you suggested. I guess some people just have way too much time on their hands. Thanks for the DPUG hookup.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtTwisted View Post
    Even though hes attaching a digital slr to it.. the question is still about analog cameras, of which the people of this forum would know about. Just because I scan my film doesn't mean I couldn't ask about the differences in different films....

And as far as the question at hand, the exact differences between the models im not sure about, general as the price goes up with Sinars the movements become more exact and the tils no longer require any refocusing. As for bellows, the bag bellows are usually for wide angle 4x5 lenses and the longer accordion bellows for standard lenses. Super long bellows are for macro use. The high end sinars are all incredible from what ive seen, even the lower end models are fantastic. If you can afford the upper models, you wont regret it. Also while your at it.. get some film holders with it, never know, you might just fall in love.
    Thanks for responding with generosity instead of purist snippiness.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know if you were referring to me with "purist snippiness".. Anyway, I couldn't find real snippiness in this thread, unless we don't share the same view of what real snippiness/harshness really is.
    I simply found unclear what was your aim. I mean, for what purpose you are considering the arrangement you asked about. I didn't mean that -I- had been more precise. I meant that it would help for you to pose a more precise question. If my syntax or anything distorted the message, please forgive me for being a non-native speaker :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin