Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,258   Online: 802

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Newbie wanting more control

Hey ho, folks.

I'm new to this forum, and am considering one of the sinar p-slr systems to hook my Nikon D700 and D3x to. Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience of these systems, and, if so, how you find it.

I'm also wondering what the difference between the p2-slr and p3-slr systems are? I see there are different bellows available. Does that mean a different bellows for standard and wide angle use, or lens type..?

Totally new to view cameras, so please be gentle with me.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Saldun !

PM Sent.
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 03-28-2011 at 10:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Considering that this is ANALOG photography users group, this question regarding an i-would-like-to-but-i-cannot accessory for a D+@#al camera might be out of place.. I guess that this way you could possibly end up with the worst of both worlds, digi and "analog"; especially considering that sensors do seem to suffer from being hit at angles different from 90 degrees. And now they want them to bear with camera movements...
    Are you actually shooting (or planning to shoot) architecture/product for your living?
    - If so, probably that isn't the best combination for high quality results, so I would humbly advise to get a real (film) 4x5 monorail;
    - If not, I can't see the point of adding movements to a dslr. You say you want "more control": but in which area? Using film inherently means "more control" to me. In different areas from those offered by di@#[l, but they do a better control management FOR ME. Still, if you're not faintly suggesting a swith to film, I believe you are in the wrong place..

Hope it helped a bit -at least to formulate a more precise question-

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You may get better answers from our sister site, DPUG (digital Photography Users Group). A lot of hybrid members here are on that site. Might take a few days, but you should get a good answer or two. And it is more appropriate to ask there rather than here. Good luck and welcome to the PUG's.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Saldun,

This forum is focused on analog photography so something like a digital view camera system might get you some snarky remarks. I'd recommend checking out DPUG and Hybridphoto.com (sister sites) since there will be a higher probability someone there will have experience with it. That being said, I never heard of that system before, so thanks for enlightening me!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    sounds like a strange idea, macro bellows or lens baby would be a better option, or a tilt shift, gosh darnit you digi boys do have some strange ideas.lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even though hes attaching a digital slr to it.. the question is still about analog cameras, of which the people of this forum would know about. Just because I scan my film doesn't mean I couldn't ask about the differences in different films....

And as far as the question at hand, the exact differences between the models im not sure about, general as the price goes up with Sinars the movements become more exact and the tils no longer require any refocusing. As for bellows, the bag bellows are usually for wide angle 4x5 lenses and the longer accordion bellows for standard lenses. Super long bellows are for macro use. The high end sinars are all incredible from what ive seen, even the lower end models are fantastic. If you can afford the upper models, you wont regret it. Also while your at it.. get some film holders with it, never know, you might just fall in love.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It sounds like a really bad idea - combining the disadvantages of two mismatched formats in one hugely expensive device...

Regards
    Jerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry lebens View Post
    It sounds like a really bad idea - combining the disadvantages of two mismatched formats in one hugely expensive device...

Regards
    Jerry
    I feel the same way. Seems wayyyyy to expensive for what you can do with it. I mean, couldn't someone theoretically gut an old Graflex or something and do the same? Put the DSLR or 35mm on bulb, set the 4x5 lens and take a shot? just an idea.

Or a lensbaby.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I feel the same way. Seems wayyyyy to expensive for what you can do with it. I mean, couldn't someone theoretically gut an old Graflex or something and do the same? Put the DSLR or 35mm on bulb, set the 4x5 lens and take a shot? just an idea.

Or a lensbaby.
    Or why not just use Ph*t*shop...? Won't do everything, but it's quite handy for correcting verticals...

Regards
    Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin