Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,538   Posts: 1,572,754   Online: 830

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    My wife just passed another piano grade and I was reading the feedback - difficult for me to hear in the music what the examiner has written but I got the sense that within the music you can hear the player. I use the analogy with musical friends and I compare it to Autotune. There's also a nice contrast between a friend's father who makes chairs by hand for a living and Ikea. On the one hand we have the idea that we can see the hand of the craftsman in the object, whereas on the other we have predictably, repeatability, consistency. Reminds me of a quote from photo.net:

Yes, I know, drum scan, photoshop, sharper, great color, consistency every time... ...where I come from....we call those posters.
    Steve.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I know, drum scan, photoshop, sharper, great color, consistency every time... ...where I come from....we call those posters.

Ah, photonet, that gushing font of wisdom!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post

Ah, photonet, that gushing font of wisdom!
    My thoughts exactly.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    This subject is OT for APUG. It might be a good discussion for DPUG though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin