Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,795   Online: 1135

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Pentax bodies

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, if you want new -- Cosina "Voigtlander" is selling the Bessaflex, and it uses the 42mm threadmount lenses, such as the Spotmatic. Nice thing is -- the meter really works... Gp to cameraquest.com for more info
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For people looking for a user body then various Ricohs are hard to beat. The things are almost free usually selling for 1/2 what a similar spec Pentax would sell for. Down sides are few.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Nikon MF as in Manual Focus... I use DOF preview a lot. Actually I use it with my Mamiya 645 too. Maybe I'm weird!
    I've got a Nikon N80, which is a fairly new camera, reasonally priced, but one of the few consumer cameras that has a DOF preview. The DOF is invaluable. It has help up well, the past 4 years I have had it; although I may have killed it yesterday - I was shooting the surf and got drenched by a big wave. Fortunately, I didn't have my LF gear with me.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One of my first cameras was the MX. Very solid and very reliable. I'm trying to buy it back from the guy who bought it from my brother who in turn bought it from me.

I doubt you could go wrong with any of the cameras that you've mentioned.

I rarely use the DOF preview. And these days I shoot mostly with a RF, so DOF preview is moot. When I did use it, I strugged to see anything in the darkened viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a Pentax ME Super, which I really love.
    Fully Manual mode, plus the Aperture Priority if you want to grab a quick shot.
    Also, it is really tiny for an SLR. (like the MX)

-Nick

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin