Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,050   Online: 929

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juraj Kovacik
    very interesting picture. yes, I'm convicted.
    Gee what was you crime?

FYI for those into antique books about Bromoil/pigment printing--

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For those who play with Digital Camera you can still make Analog Photos too.
    Here is a web site by Dan Burkholder who wrote a book on how to:
    Making Digital Negatives for Contact Printing I know that there are a lot of Analog Photographer who have Digital cameras. I for one have one too.
    Here is Dan Burkholder website:
    http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/m...page1_main.htm
    Later
    Sir william

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well, my question about Dan's process is can you make a negative for projection rather than contact printing?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well this would be a negitive that you would use in an enlarger to make prints. I would think you would need a positive for a projector. I have never seen sheet slides I could not read by holding them up to a light. I think the projector would show the negitive as a negitive on the screen? Even 35mm Slides are in the positive when showen in a slide projector.
    I myself have tried making negatives on a printer, I have taken the Photo Editor from MS and told it to change the photo to a negitive and print it out on transparency. I then put it in an enlarger and made prints from it. I have not made any Bromoils from them yet. Before I printed them out I made the photo the size of a med-format negative so it would fit in the enlarger. I would think you could make it as small as a 35mm negative but you would have to cut the transparency down before you print them not to waste the rest of the transparency.

later Sir William

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i may have used the word projection in the wrong way. instead of contact printing i want to repair a negative , have a new one made and then print it with traditional methods.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    To all here is a great website for Bromoils. Juraj this will make you go crazy, take a look at these bromoils from Gryspeerdt.

http://www.gryspeerdt.co.uk/prints.htm

later
    Sir William

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    At least I've ordered that expensive basic kit from bromoil.com. I've done some inquiry on fotoimpex.de, but without response. And becouse of shipment costs it is difficult to buy from states from more then one place, so I decided to buy this kit. That Gryspeerdt site looks great. Many thanks for your advices, Sir William and Ann. I printed one of that online bromoil books - Whalley's Bromoil and tranfser.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good luck Juraj.
    I will be on the road in Germany for the next 2 weeks and will not have much time in the forum. But will cack back from time to time.

Til Then
    Sir William

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've made first bromoil prints this week. The third of them has not finished in the bin - yet. It looks I'm falling deeply into it - when I discovered price range for press machine I started to think about exchange my lovely Nikon FM3a for one... It's crazy, worts then saturday's night fever...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin