Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,558   Online: 766

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

BW Photo vs Bromoil version

If you look in my gallery I show 2 photos; One being a normal Photo in Black and White and the other is the same photo in a Bromoil. The scans were done fast and I did not take the photos out of the frames. The next scans will be better.

Later Sir William

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks for posting. I am getting ready to do some bromoils (hopefully by the end of the year).

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Were the two photograpghs made from the same negative? I will be very interested to see the repost.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi gma
    Yes they were both made the same day from the same negtive. Only the bromoil was bleached and black ink put over the paper again to get the Bromoil effect.

later
    Sir William

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It looks really interesting - the pictoralist effect of bromoil print really intrigue me. What the most reasonable source of materials to start with bromoils?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juraj Kovacik
    It looks really interesting - the pictoralist effect of bromoil print really intrigue me. What the most reasonable source of materials to start with bromoils?
    Hi Juraj Kovacik

Not knowing where you are from here is a website that offers a Start kit for Bromoils

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...oil%20Kit.html

Here are books in pdf format you can dowload for free.
    http://alt-photo.com/alt-photo/bromo...ng%20room.html

So I hope this will help

Later
    Sir William

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm from Bratislava, Slovakia, so UK shop is OK for me. It is not cheap, but it looks I'm going to try it. Thanks for tip.

JK

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've ordered and they wrote me from firstcall back with this:

Regarding your export order, as we have no spare capacity for export orders right now, we cannot unfortunately accept your order at this time.

If you care to reorder next month, we may be able to process your order then.
    This unusual situation has resulted from our major supplier, Ilford, going into receivership.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    try Jand C for some bromoil paper, altho you can use several other regular papers.
    unblinkingeye has some information regarding this process.

Bostick and Sullivan carries supplies (i.e. tutorial's and even a video. brushes, ink).

just google on bromoil and you will find a lot of stuff. look for Gene Laughter website .

I think there are several vendors in the UK who also carry materials in kit form, or you can start putting together items from other people who carry art supplies.
    I don't know why Ilord's issue would impact this process, as everything we are using comes from other company's. However, one of the papers suggested is their matt paper, however, agfa or luminous charcoal is also on the suggested list.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    p.s.
    try this as well http://www.bromoil.com/frameset.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin