Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,091   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    28mm f/2 is a stunner. Don't look anything else.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got one in pristine condition, non-AI, for $130. With the hood. And a filter. Currently on the way to John White for conversion. Me happy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Everybody!
    Yesterday I settled for the 28mm f/2 AI! Don't think I payed cheap for it but I'm feeling pretty confidant in my purchase and can't wait for it to arrive.. (it's in the mail). It should be arriving with my new scanner.. so, hopefully I'll be shooting and scanning my prints and slide with it soon! Thanks alot for all your input! It's was really helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my 24mm F2, f8 and set to infinity, you'll have everything sharp from 5ft and out. easily hand holdable at 1/20 sec. focus from up to 1ft away. its a sweet lens to use

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I picked up a nice 24mm 2.8 here last year. Turned out to be just a bit too wide for me. I was going to post it in the classifieds here but there were a few up already. It is a great lens but I'm just not using it that much - too much medium format/rangefinder shooting recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 28mm F2 is the one to go for (as you have) and you will be well pleased with it. Low distortion and they have CFC, definitely one of the very best 28's around!

Shooter
    35mm
    Used to have the 28/2 and it was a nice lens. Initially I thought it was soft at the corners but it turned out the culprit was my enlarging lens. I love wide angles and I now have the 24/2.8 and the rather nice 18/3.5, I also have the 16 fisheye which I think is my favourite wide.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    I picked up a nice 24mm 2.8 here last year. Turned out to be just a bit too wide for me. I was going to post it in the classifieds here but there were a few up already. It is a great lens but I'm just not using it that much - too much medium format/rangefinder shooting recently.
    I like 20mm, 21mm and 24mm lenses, but they have a very limited usefulness compared to the 28mm lens. I would caution anyone buy one of those without trying one out first.

I never bought anything wider for two reasons:
    1. cost
    2. I do not like taking photographs that have the front of my shoes showing in the bottom of the photograph!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin