Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,027   Online: 888

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I have never used the DX system, so I don't have any DX cassettes. If you did have a DX cassette it would read it. Due to the way the very nice matrix metering works, it will likely expose correctly at the ISO speed setting of the cassette. Thus, perhaps lending credence to all the people that post "I use ISO settings and get well exposed images."

Again I want to emphasize that this matrix metering is fantastic. It is based and all the correct principles and automatically checks for your low zones and 'spots' them. I hate automatic stuff, but this really works.
    I assume the reason you don't have DX-coded cassettes is that you're loading your own cassettes from bulk film, as I do. I think you can buy DX coded cassettes. I know I've seen them advertised somewhere, probably Freestyle. For my F65, which also needs a DX-code to set the ISO, I break down and buy film locally. In my experience the non-bulk film is always DX coded.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    I assume the reason you don't have DX-coded cassettes is that you're loading your own cassettes from bulk film, as I do. I think you can buy DX coded cassettes. I know I've seen them advertised somewhere, probably Freestyle. For my F65, which also needs a DX-code to set the ISO, I break down and buy film locally. In my experience the non-bulk film is always DX coded.
    I have some Efke KB25 that is conveniently packaged in non DX coded cassettes, and it is fresh, expires 2-2012. I was surprised.

Also I just found six Kalt DX ISO 400 coded film cassettes. If you want them there yours for the cost of postage.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Thoms; 06-03-2011 at 01:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: because I can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got back from my trip to Disney with a bunch of screaming kids and the N75 and a Rollei 35. I'll admit the N75 was way easier to use and I shot 6 rolls of TMY with the N75 and only a half of a roll with the Rollei 35. I had no problem leaving the camera lying around briefly while tending to the kids. At the airport I just sent the camera and film through the x-ray scanner--no hassle.

While at the Disney park I did take notes on what the tourists were using. It seems about 20% of tourists were using DSLRs and the most popular DSLR was Nikon, followed by Canon. These were easily identified by the self-promoting neck-straps. 70% of the tourists were using the non-viewfinder cameras and the rest were using some type of cellphone. I saw no medium format cameras and no classic 35mm SLRs or rangefinders.

I was also amazed that people would carry these massive modern Nikon and Canon zoom lenses on the higher level DSLRs.

I think I did well with the N75, rather than the F100 in terms of weight. I used one hand on the camera and had it to my eye for probably 25% of the time I was there.

I shot the TMY at "-1.5" on the exposure compensator (base exposure ISO 100) and will give feedback as to how that worked out when I process the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photograph from recent parade. Autofocus, autoexposure. Tri-x in T-max developer printed on Ilford MG Fiber.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had an N75 since they were new and I picked up a spare on ebay for a lot less than I paid for the new one. I like the fast autofocus and matrix metering and I also have the MB-18 so I can run them on AA batteries. I have an N80 also and it has spot metering and ISO overide of the DX. You can also set the ISO on the N80 without DX. I wish the N75 was still available instead of the FM10.

Shooter
    35mm

N75 Spot Metering

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No, it does not. But with my 28mm to 300mm zoom, I can get a spot meter reading.

Steve
    The N75 DOES offer spot metering, but it's a custom function set on its internal menu, not something you can set with a button on the body (like most other cameras).

Shooter
    35mm
    I pick one up 2yrs ago new in the box for $50. It was local so I didn't have to pay shipping. The guy had a 50mm 1.8 lens for $60 so I took that also. My wife really liked it and keeps stealing it on me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nice

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought one off eBay for about $15 last year. I hadn't used it a lot until last weekend, when I attached a 50mm f/1.8 lens from my d*****l Nikon. I shot a roll of Kodak Gold 200, which I had developed and scanned at the local drugstore. I was generally pleased with the results. For some reason, I couldn't get my monster SB-900 flash to work on it (even though it's supposed to be compatible), but the built-in flash was adeqate for the venue.

And, FYI, I believe it will sense DX cartridges from ISO 100-3200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The N75 I don't think supports i-TTL.... the SB-900 isn't backwards compatible, you need a 600 or 800 for that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin