Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,723   Posts: 1,670,135   Online: 771

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photograph from recent parade. Autofocus, autoexposure. Tri-x in T-max developer printed on Ilford MG Fiber.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had an N75 since they were new and I picked up a spare on ebay for a lot less than I paid for the new one. I like the fast autofocus and matrix metering and I also have the MB-18 so I can run them on AA batteries. I have an N80 also and it has spot metering and ISO overide of the DX. You can also set the ISO on the N80 without DX. I wish the N75 was still available instead of the FM10.

Shooter
    35mm

N75 Spot Metering

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No, it does not. But with my 28mm to 300mm zoom, I can get a spot meter reading.

Steve
    The N75 DOES offer spot metering, but it's a custom function set on its internal menu, not something you can set with a button on the body (like most other cameras).

Shooter
    35mm
    I pick one up 2yrs ago new in the box for $50. It was local so I didn't have to pay shipping. The guy had a 50mm 1.8 lens for $60 so I took that also. My wife really liked it and keeps stealing it on me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nice

lancekingphoto
    I bought one off eBay for about $15 last year. I hadn't used it a lot until last weekend, when I attached a 50mm f/1.8 lens from my d*****l Nikon. I shot a roll of Kodak Gold 200, which I had developed and scanned at the local drugstore. I was generally pleased with the results. For some reason, I couldn't get my monster SB-900 flash to work on it (even though it's supposed to be compatible), but the built-in flash was adeqate for the venue.

And, FYI, I believe it will sense DX cartridges from ISO 100-3200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The N75 I don't think supports i-TTL.... the SB-900 isn't backwards compatible, you need a 600 or 800 for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had been looking for a black N75 for some time and just picked up one. I did not need the lens but it came with the black kit lens zoom. I also recently got the 28mm F1.8 G Nikkor and the kit lens. I almost always use the kit lens zoom at 28mm. For the type of photographs I make, the kit lens (at f3.3) compares favorably with the 28mm at f1.8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikF75intro.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	110824
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-10-2015 at 08:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Why the N75? Because that is the last film camera (not counting the F6 which will not be discussed here) that Nikon made. The N75 was designed around 2003 and discontinued in 2006, from what I have read.

Yes, that is a good collecting/experimenting criteria. There's something fun about using an inexpensive camera with plenty of high-end features and which is usable with the latest lenses.

The slightly earlier N80 might offer a bit more: http://www.bythom.com/n75.htm

Your Rollei 3003 systems are wonderful. Truly a brilliant design.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someday I'll probably get an N80 to add to the system. Right now I have the f100. In fact I got the 28 f1.8 G to put on the F100 as my modern replacement to the Rolleiflex 3003 and Distagon 28 f2.0 combo. Not that I'm getting rid of those Rolleis, but the F100 handles so nice, it is almost hard to put down. I have been using the Rolleis since the 2000F first came out.

I also want to mention I also picked up an N55 body for six dollars. That is a fantastic camera. It does what the others do, and takes the battery grip for the N75. It is a great 'take anywhere' camera. The only problem with losing it or having it stolen is that the film you lose cost more than the camera. Even though the N55 is "low end" it is a very modern design and is the second-to last of these cameras to come out, just before the N75 and after the N80 and F100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon_F55_with_50mm_f1.8.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	845.9 KB 
ID:	110851
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-10-2015 at 08:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin