Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,214   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ive played with many a disposable camera, the capacitors pack quite a shock LOL touching anywhere on the circuit board will send paid down your arm. funny how 1 AA battery can do that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak has a patent on a special lens made from plastic that gives exceptional sharpness. Their disposable cameras are reputed to give the best photos. In my experience, using a lot of them, they work out quite well. I've also used Fuji and brand X cameras finding them quite good.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to take the AAs out of the flash cameras when we processed at our lab, and use them in anything that needed AAs. Usually the flashes were hardly used - about 90% of the shots were in daylight, so I saved $$$ on AAs for my F1 and flash unit (let alone all the remotes floating around!!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My camera store takes the AAs out and lets me have them before they ship the camera out. After all, they are mine!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to collect these from the camera stores. I ended up with a 5L bucket full of AA and AAA batteries, not to mention about 7kJ (enough to kill you a few times over) worth of harvested flash capacitors for a coilgun...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They have street-cred. The odd thing is that I can see more disposable cameras in my wanderings about than I do rolls of film! Chemists, post offices, milk bars and even bike shops have them.

On my trip around Australia leaving 31st May there will be packed amongst the photographic heavy-hitters, 5 disposable Fuji cameras (24 exposures each). These will be used for "postcards" for sending to friends back home, developed and printed in whatever town we are stopping in. Image quality is not really an issue (but it is very good indeed), just the romanticism and proven life of film (remember that?).

Shooter
    35mm
    Depending what film you put in them, it may be cheaper to buy real compact cameras from ebay than use disposables. The market is awash with 80s and 90s film compacts than mostly sell for the starting price of 99p, sometimes a bunch of them. If you want a Holga look smear a little vaseline on the rear element.

Shooter
    35mm
    Honestly I've had more luck with disposable cameras than with cheap point-and-shoots. The point-and-shoots can provide unfocused and/or blurry shots due to too low of a shutter speed, where disposables never do. Also, disposables are ridiculously lightweight.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think the specs are plastic, cheap and you get what you pay for. They're probably decent but no better or worse than the non-adjustable Instamatics of the 1970s.

I've seen decent photos from them. I wouldn't expect SLR-quality images, but they'll probably suffice. Better than no camera, and if it gets crushed, lost or dropped into a river, no big deal.

Shooter
    35mm
    I regularly use a Rollei Black and White disposable camera. It came loadad with Neopan 400 (which costs as much as the whole camera did) and has a two-element lens of about 30mm and f/11. I reload it regularly with different 400ASA films and use it at parties, on the beach and other places where I don't want to carry heavy and expensive equipment. The negatives were always good enough for 8x10" prints... not professional quality, but really sharp for a lens made from two tiny pieces of plastic.
    I think, the Rollei cameras are all the same, only loaded with different film... they come with crossbird (slide film labeled for crossprocessing), redbird (redscale), nightbird (some kind of redscale, but much darker) blackbird (high contrast b&w) or standard black and white. It's aimed at lomographers, but the picture quality is actually too good for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin