Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,240   Online: 924

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    The hybrid workflow I am looking for with this film is the one that turns the negatives into slides I can project, is there a lab that will do that? And yes I am talking about optical transfer here, just like they do to make movies for projection, but I want to make slides for projection.
    You can look for a company that offers a service using a film recorder. Or you can get one pretty cheap on the used market. I have one and even found the ancient software to run it (Mac OS 9 and SCSI cable) and do it yourself.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Going back to the question of slides: in comparison with an E6 slide, in what respects would an ECN negative printed on release film differ?

Is it possible to get a quality job somewhere?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    E6 films commonly attain a Dmax of about 3.0 and Neg-Pos print films attain a density of 4.0 or greater. This gives the neg-pos system a much greater latitude due to the density range. Color correction is also superior. Therefore, you get a better result with a neg-pos workflow!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For one, release film I believe is not very archival, as it's only intended for a limited run of showings and doesn't have the longevity (or the need for it) of the "native" stock.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, but it has been improved. The C41 equivalent, 4111 (IIRC) was very good for stability. It has been discontinued.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    For one, release film I believe is not very archival, as it's only intended for a limited run of showings and doesn't have the longevity (or the need for it) of the "native" stock.
    Just to clarify in case anyone was confused or mislead by the above post...

The film we've been experimenting with (e.g. Vision 500T, etc.) is camera film, not release film. It's as stable as anything if it's run through the right chemistry (which was the whole point of this thread).

Way to confuse people! Just kidding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris and I were answering the question posed in post #42.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uhh...

What they said...

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got maybe a thousand feet or more of various out of date short ends and at least one unused 400' roll of 35mm MP stock in the freezer. I have no intention of using it in a still camera. Free to whomever wants to pay the shipping. I'll look this weekend and see exactly what I have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ! _ !

I might be interested in some of that. I don't have a good way to respool it necessarily, but if I could figure out a way, I'd roll cartridges for anyone interested.

JB, you da man.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin