Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,862   Online: 991

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    E6 films commonly attain a Dmax of about 3.0 and Neg-Pos print films attain a density of 4.0 or greater. This gives the neg-pos system a much greater latitude due to the density range. Color correction is also superior. Therefore, you get a better result with a neg-pos workflow!

PE
    I'm just wondering idly, but are 35mm projectors powerful enough to take advantage of that density range, or is it not a concern?

I'd love to have ECP slides.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is not a concern. I would guess that all projectors can handle this range. And, projected, the images are stunning!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    It is not a concern. I would guess that all projectors can handle this range. And, projected, the images are stunning!

PE
    I want some. Now!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I worked 3 years as Crossfield 656 drum scanner operator and I know how difficult to get high density originals from the art directors. They were all extreme weak slides. I scanned my EPP and Leica combinations and scanner was measuring corners just 3. If I had a 4 density film , I cant even think the results quality.
    Photo Engineers last posts are really supportive.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&Wpositive, I know you are planning to call them, perhaps you should ask about getting the positive prints/slides. Seems like people's mouths are watering!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want ECN processing, contact our own Scott Sheppard and see what "develops" ....

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmm. I wonder if you could contact print the MP film onto Rollei Digibase color negative film and use it for projecting slides, since this film lacks the orange mask. Any ideas as to filtration and how short exposures would have to be? For that matter, has anybody contact printed any negatives onto the Rollei Digibase film and used them for projection?

ME Super

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contrasts multiply during printing, therefore ECN = 0.5 x any other negative film = 0.6 = 0.30 when we need about 1.5 for a good paper print and about 1.7 for a good slide. You would need a negative film with a contrast of about 3.0 to print properly here.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But if the lab prints to projection film the ECN contrast is fine? Right?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is correct. ECP has a contrast of a bit over 3.0. But, that was not the question I answered.

PE

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin