Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,806   Online: 836

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    35mm Ektachrome 100D motion picture film (said to be equivavlent to E100VS) is still in Kodak's current catalog and can be ordered direct from Kodak online:
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Produ...Films/5285.htm

But don't tell anyone because everyone knows Kodak doesn't make Ektachrome anymore.
    I'm going to make a bold prediction: Kodak has a bunch of this in stock but hasn't made any in a while and when it's gone it will be discontinued. On the bright(?) side, it looks like there's nearly no demand for it, so their stocks will last quite a while!

Movie film isn't "process-by" dated like still film. Kodak ships it directly from cold storage to filmmakers who order it, and it is expected to be used and processed promptly. So they can supply this out of existing stock until it runs out, no matter how long that takes...and I'm going to guess that is what they are doing. I get American Cinematographer Magazine, and I can't remember the last time I saw an article mention someone using this film. We know Kodak has stopped all other Ektachrome Production. Therefore there's no reason to think they're actually still producing this.

They already stopped offering it in 1000' rolls, only in 400' now. That's not a product that is being used in quantity by film productions...

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    There are several options for shooting motion picture film in a 35mm camera. If he hasn't been mentioned here before, Joseph Prezioso has some great examples of it on his blog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought a mega-boatload of Kodak movie film, and I've processed it (Vision 500T) according to instructions found here on APUG - namely, pre-washing with a washing soda (or baking soda) bath and agitating fiercely to remove the remjet, before C-41 processing as normal. The pre-wash water was indeed gray. Unfortunately, the film still looks as black as ever, only with barely discernible images and a slight orange hue, too dense to scan through. Am I doing something obviously incorrect?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    I just bought a mega-boatload of Kodak movie film, and I've processed it (Vision 500T) according to instructions found here on APUG - namely, pre-washing with a washing soda (or baking soda) bath and agitating fiercely to remove the remjet, before C-41 processing as normal. The pre-wash water was indeed gray. Unfortunately, the film still looks as black as ever, only with barely discernible images and a slight orange hue, too dense to scan through. Am I doing something obviously incorrect?
    Yes soak for 5 mins in washing soda at 20c then hang and wipe the non emission side with new sponge wash sponge frequently rinse in three changes of water last change with surfant.

Best to scratch mix an ECN instead of c41.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I processed some Kodak EXR 100T the other day and I didn't see that it's that dark, can you post a photo of the negatives?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is hard to diagnose this problem as the film is not intended for C41 processing.

PE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin