Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,126   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhill View Post
    Welcome! Have fun, and be sure to share some stories from your days as a photo journalist
    You mean like the times my Nikon, hanging from my shoulder, would come out of the eyelug (in the pre-brass inssert era when the lugs' edges would get razer sharp, and the d-rings would slip out) and slide off, while my arm would swing down like a pendulum and grab it in stride, swinging from 9 to 3...the lens a half-inch from the ground...

....except for the day I had the 200 on it and it clipped the bround, knocking the lens and the prism from the body...me skipping along picking up one after the other, slapping them back together and shooting on the run....

In my 40 years with Nikon I never had anything that needed a battery to run it...and the gear just kept on running, and running with me...

While I am pleased with the dSLRs I have, I know that they could never take the beating that that old gear suffered in my hands...
    Last edited by kitanikon; 05-13-2011 at 08:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ...the 85mm F1.8 "K" mount MF Nikkor with the AI factory modification here on the left

click to go to the pic, and then click the pic to enlarge....

The "H" on the right...note the drilled holes for the focusing stem/stalk...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome home and happy APugging!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In the late 1990s, as I chased the digital dream with all the eagerness of a new puppy, I decided to not give up my handful of original cameras, which included a Nikon F2A, FE, a Rolleiflex Automat and a Rollei 35S. I'm grateful today that I didn't sell them off to "go digital."

Hope you have fun in your venture back into film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG! Love your story.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Kitanikon !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    In the late 1990s, as I chased the digital dream with all the eagerness of a new puppy, I decided to not give up my handful of original cameras, which included a Nikon F2A, FE, a Rolleiflex Automat and a Rollei 35S. I'm grateful today that I didn't sell them off to "go digital."

Hope you have fun in your venture back into film.
    Fortunately it has cost me nothing, or close to nothing to replace all my Nikkors and get more as well!...THAT story is in the thread on "latest buys"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin