Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,658   Posts: 1,623,824   Online: 1133

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Yes they do.

Steve
    Yup, I just checked the Tamron 17-50 for my digital Nikon camera and the focusing ring turns the same way.
    I am not sure about zoom though as the only zoom I ever had was the 50-135/3.5 push-pull. Which means I don't really care seeing as I am not used to any direction..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBodyOldSoul View Post
    Jeff, thanks. I have a Tamron 17-50 for my D90 and I am more than happy with it, especially considering the price.
    However, every manufacturer has come up with some gems and some garbage and the whole spectrum in between, and I am trying to figure out where these two lenses fall, especially with respect to each other.
    What's a D90? )

Shooter
    35mm
    It's technology developed specifically for making pictures of kids and dogs. I don't have a dog and my kid is little so I didn't go full frame

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 28-105mm every day, excellent optic no question, versatile (can also make macro, not 1:1, yet nice to have just in case...)
    A trully underated optic, I had one for many years and served me always well, excellent performance for the price.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_zo...tml#AF28-105IF

Choose well

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the Nikon and it is surprisingly a great lens, at least optically. I used this for several years on an N80 and have no complaints with the shots. There are a few quirks I don't like, such as the front element rotates as you zoom. I didn't care for it on the digital because of the focal length multiplier. So for you D90 I would get one of the DX lenses. I did sometimes wish it went to 24mm, but for that I own a 24mm lens. I have never used the Tamron.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would use this lens primarily with my film cameras, though I wouldn't shy from mounting them on the D90. With the 1.5 crop factor, the range is nothing to scoff at - 42-157mm with the Nikon and 36-203 with the Tamron. It's tough, the more I think the less I know what to do - both are good, Tamron has the range, Nikon has the macro.
    I have the feeling this will end with one of them popping up at a price I won't be able to ignore. In fact, I was "this" close to getting the Tamron for $125 shipping included but hesitated long enough that it disappeared. Lesson learned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin