Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,610   Online: 954

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nikon F6

Nikon F6

A review of this new camera is going up on our web site in the next few hours

www.cameraarts.com

steve simmons

Images
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I buy three-four photo magazines a month from the newstand. I consindered subscribing for the CameraArts until I saw there was a big presence of digital and since that is a medium I am not interested in I got scared. Most photographic magazines have turned into gadget catalogs and computer tutorials. Since I cannot get a copy to try out, can you help explain to me the philosophy and the line of CameraArts regarding chemical photography? Even the "general photo" ones have either turned digital completely or are quickly moving that way.
    Should I invest my money consindering I will skip all digital material?

a.

The sub title of CameraArts is The Art and Craft of Photogaphy in the 21st Century. We cover all aspects of making photographic images - traditional to digital.

steve simmons

Let me get this straight. Brian make a smart*** and empty remark and then provides a link to his web site where he advertises his commercial activities and does not provide any info related to the topic.

The free info we are providing might be of interest to people. Sorry Brian.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too have stopped buying all the mags that now feature an abundance of digital "tips".

The only two that I get off of the newsstand now are B+W (usa) and B+W (UK).

We don't do quick tips. We feature portfolios with how-to info, reviews of new equipment (film and digital), how-to articles (traditional and digital), etc.

We are a magazine about making photographic images.

Try us!

steve simmons
    www.cameraarts.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    Let me get this straight. Brian make a smart*** and empty remark and then provides a link to his web site where he advertises his commercial activities and does not provide any info related to the topic.

The free info we are providing might be of interest to people. Sorry Brian.

steve simmons
    Not taking sides but when I see the title "Nikon F6" and a link in the body of the post, I expect to click the link and see something about the F6.

If someone (such as Brian) has a link to their own site as a signature or someone else because of good service from a company they provided a free plug with comments on the service that's another matter.

I now my eyesight is failing but where is the write-up on the F6?

Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well I do subscribe to Camera Arts, and didn't mind the post -- though I wish the review of the F6 was up BEFORE the post! I still can't find it.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear Brian and Steve, I note you both have links to your commercial websites and [correct me if I'm wrong] neither of you have links back to APUG.org. Perhaps Sean could give you a logo to rectify this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin