Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,547   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Sorry Brian I didn't make myself clear. I think the price tag is really good for what this beastie is offering and as you say this one's going to last a lifetime
    I remember when the F4 came out, it was something like $3500...now they have a better model for less money.....OTOH, I lusted after the Leica R8 with Leica lenses until I came to my senses...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love my F5 to death.. now if only i could put the 8x10 down and actually use the F5....

Images
    I have found it refreshing to leave the 8x10 at home and go out and shoot 35mm from time to time.
    hi!

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thankfully, it's not over yet, but my FM sure seems to be in the running for lasting a lifetime... why would I replace it?

(another LF guy whose 35mm gear sits in the closet... I guess if I used it more, I might want some auto-focus action... maybe.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If only had intercheangable/detachable prism

Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Sorry Brian I didn't make myself clear. I think the price tag is really good for what this beastie is offering and as you say this one's going to last a lifetime
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    If only had intercheangable/detachable prism
    That was the one thing I couldn't understand and I can't see any reason for it not to

I must keep repeating to myself I do not need a new Nikon I want a larger format ..... but it's so tempting.

the review of the F6 and the D2x are now up on the CameraArts web site

www.cameraarts.com

go to the Free Articles section

steve simmons

Images
    Does anyone know why Nikon would not put interchangable prisms on their new cameras? It seems, in this day and age of multi tasking an interchangable prism would be standard on higher end models.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    the review of the F6 and the D2x are now up on the CameraArts web site
    Good boy. But we have to talk about what "a few hours" means

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I must say that it is risky of Nikon to make the F6. It's pricetag makes it almost only attractive to professionals (who are using more and more digital...)

But I really like this camera for the features. Saving the exposure data on a CF card is great! I want that in my cam!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin