Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,404   Online: 995

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read all three reviews. Tony's links are by far the best and most thorough. Steve, your interesting and informative article as you call it, comes off more as a small news blurb. An announcement with no real substance.

As for the flaming, Some old timers here remember back to a failed sponsorship of the site. Not all of us like the continual hype of advertising for your magazines and new forum. Ailsa is a shining example of a person who is an editor and a genuinely nice person. When she first came, she offered to the first 100 people who PM'd her, a free copy of her magazine so those who had not seen it could. You have stated before you would lose revenue if you did such an outlandish thing. What works for one might work for others. Ailsa has contributed positively, without hype or advertising. She has joined into the various member organized functions. Her magazine is not a direct sponsor, yet she has supported this site with numerous apuggers being featured. I applaud and commend her as one to put on a pedestle to emmulate.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    ... Ailsa is a shining example of a person who is an editor and a genuinely nice person. When she first came, she offered to the first 100 people who PM'd her, a free copy of her magazine so those who had not seen it could. You have stated before you would lose revenue if you did such an outlandish thing. What works for one might work for others. Ailsa has contributed positively, without hype or advertising. She has joined into the various member organized functions. Her magazine is not a direct sponsor, yet she has supported this site with numerous apuggers being featured. I applaud and commend her as one to put on a pedestle to emmulate.
    Hear!! Hear!!

Well written, Aggie. She has been a gem, and a wonderful participant here.

The "best" ones are always the quietest. There is no reason for them to "pump themselves up."
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Images

Back on topic ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Does anyone know why Nikon would not put interchangable prisms on their new cameras? It seems, in this day and age of multi tasking an interchangable prism would be standard on higher end models.
    I have never owned a pro 35mm. And none of mine have interchangable prisms. In what situations would you use an interchangable prims on a 35mm? I would think that the GG would be too small for a waist level finder.
    hi!

Images
    I have never owned one either. There have been lots of times where I wanted to be on the floor with the camera sitting directly on the floor and I can't see in the damn finder. My father in law has a Pentax whatever that has an interchangable finder. He also has the chimney finder. It works perfect for this situation.

The need does not arise much anymore since I have a MF camera with a WLF on it. there were many times before the MF camera when i cursed my little camera for not having what I needed.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    have to stop rising to the very large, obvious bait laid down wherever you comment.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>

This is exactly why View Camera an CameraArts started their own forums. People like Jorge, and a few others can not seem to stop trying to flame a war. Critism is one thin g. Persoanl attacks are anouther and soepeople can not seem to understand the difference.

Ths type of behavior is unnecessary and frequently abusive.

Our review was intended as a brief one. A moredetailed review will follow but or effort was to giv otice to the new camera and some of its features. Many people have fond this interesting and informative.
    steve simmons
    No Steve, this is exactly why you end up in the middle of a flame war. You take people out of context and somehow twist it to promote your bloody websites!!! Will you just please read and take in what is being said. I would have thought that was second nature to an Editor.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I have never owned one either. There have been lots of times where I wanted to be on the floor with the camera sitting directly on the floor and I can't see in the damn finder. My father in law has a Pentax whatever that has an interchangable finder. He also has the chimney finder. It works perfect for this situation.

The need does not arise much anymore since I have a MF camera with a WLF on it. there were many times before the MF camera when i cursed my little camera for not having what I needed.
    Mark for those kinds of occasions there is the "DR-5 Right-angle Viewer" which can be seen on the second link site bottom of the page pictures. The same kind of viewer is also availale for the F100 although I have never used one.

I use to use the Pentax LX and although it had changable prisms I never had the need to do so. My guess is that Nikon have realised that they are not really required for 35mm so there's no point in complicating the production and costs by having one.

Just my thoughts and I could be wrong.

Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gang!! Let's chill out here. Please note that our keyboards have [ Delete ] keys... most of us here are mature enough and have gone through the flames enough to recognize "cheap shots" when we see them. Give the rest of us credit. I think a "raising of the pain threshold" is in order.

What about a Membership Package - to be supplied with an appropriate donation to APUG: - a year's supply of "Sukach's Patented Flavored Inner Tube Strips" - to be held between one's teeth at appropritate times. With a little practice, one can easily "cloud the other guy's mind" into believing that one is smiling ... This will drive your adversaries stark, raving, BONKERS. Flavor of the Month: Absolut Cintron.

I'm thinking of packaging for these strips ... what about "Rodinal Red"?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Mark for those kinds of occasions there is the "DR-5 Right-angle Viewer" which can be seen on the second link site bottom of the page pictures. The same kind of viewer is also availale for the F100 although I have never used one.

I use to use the Pentax LX and although it had changable prisms I never had the need to do so. My guess is that Nikon have realised that they are not really required for 35mm so there's no point in complicating the production and costs by having one.

Just my thoughts and I could be wrong.

Tony
    I admit to only reading the first. Should have read both. You could be right that most would not find themselves in this position.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    I use a Minolta right angle attachment on my Contax and, while it is indispensible on rare occasions that I need it, if you do much look down shooting, an interchangable prism with a chimney or a straight-down eyepiece is a much, much better solution. The F3 had great accessories for that.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark that's OK discussion is what forums are for The Right-angle Viewer sounds similar to what you have used and as it's an add-on the the existing system will be cheaper than manufactoring the body for changable prisms that the user probably won't need. I was surprised at first that it doesn't have the prism option and did take me a few hours for the possible reason to fall onto place.

I just wish Nikon would make up their mind on cable release, some are nice screw-ins and other are remote control thingies LOL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin