Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,505   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not going through all the trouble of dragging all that stuff out, theres 20 SLR bodies in the cabinet to sort through.

I'll see what I can do, one is a parts camera thats missing parts.(the one in the pictures above) They are used, not mint condition museum peices so they have some "patina" but that can be a plus: I'm not afraid to take them out and shoot them.

btw I had a g/f from Missouri, I know about the show me thing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Another vote for "Awesome". Thanks for taking the time to do this, fstop.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure if that was the problem. I read on another site that you sometimes have to give it a good hard flick to free it up. I tried that and it started working again. I still took the bottom off and oiled the various linkages you point out. I also noticed some loose floating bits that look like pieces of film. Maybe they jammed the mechanism. Thanks for all the help fstop.

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Your welcome.

Could have been the film pieces, the only way I could duplicate the problem was by holding that lever off the cam.Its working again and thats all that matters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just reviving this thread to say that my XE-1 (European version of XE-7) also had a film wind lever which would not always return by itself. It would also sometimes jam up if I tried to advance quickly after pressing the shutter, although it was always o.k. after releasing pressure and trying again.

I removed the screw (top bit with two tiny holes) and took off the lever mechanism (remember the order in which the parts came off!) and sprayed on a very tiny amount of Servisol contact cleaner. This is sold as a switch cleaning lubricant so I assume I will not need to add any lubricant later (although if I do, it's not a problem).

The wind on lever is now as silky smooth as it was when I bought the camera.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 11-22-2012 at 02:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin