Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,007   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help with Minolta XE-1 wind lever not returning

Hi,

I just got a Minolta XE-1 with a nice f1.4 lens on it. After I put new batteries in it the meter started working and I could advance the film (no film in camera) and fire the shutter. I did this several times and then I tried the self timer without advancing the film. Now the film advance lever does not return and I cannot fire the shutter and the self timer does not go back to its original position. Is there a simple fix to this I am missing or will I need to disassemble it?

Thanks
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Is the mirror up or down?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The mirror is down.

Shooter
    35mm
    is the shutter cocked all the way? IE move advance lever all the way to the end of its stroke, if the shutter is cocked the lever should lock and only be able to swing out from the body about 30-40 degrees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think the shutter is cocking. The lever moves freely through the whole range.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds like it.Bottom probably needs to come off to reset it.I have a parts XE-7 I can pull the bottom off and study if you want some input, should only be a matter off over riding a lock.

See now this is where digital cameras are useful, I can take pics of my XE-7 guts and put in photo shop, draw circles and arrows on them and post on the net in a few minutes.

Last edited by fstop; 06-01-2011 at 10:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Awesome

fstop, you are one helpful dude. Nice job!

Shooter
    35mm
    If you advance the self timer to the first white mark (6 second point) without cocking the shutter or if you cocked the shutter but tripped it yourself before the self timer actuates the shutter, the self timer will pause with the self timer lever at about the 10 o'clock position. I can then cock the shutter one time but cannot trip it with the self timer lever at that position. Instead, you have to reset the self timer past the first white mark again, push it's small release button and have it trip the shutter this time. At least this is how my XE-7 operates which should be the same as the XE-1 if all is functional.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes thats true, I have 4 XE-7s

But something is not working correctly in this case.But its an easy fix,most likely the lube dried out and is gummy holding that lever/lock away from the cam that lever holds the other lever in a position that won't let shutter fire.

Thanks Bearman, I try to help.Some of these problems with older cameras are simply dried up lube.Loosening with a little naptha or lighter fluid can restore normal operation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Yes thats true, I have 4 XE-7s
    I'm from Missouri and you have to show me before I believe that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin