Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,365   Online: 814

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    The photo does not confirm your memories. The "exposure compensation" on the OM2 is just turning the film speed dial. There is no separate adjustment, just some +/- marks. ASA 1600 with no exposure compensation is exactly the same setting as ASA 400 with -2 exposure compensation. The dial maxes out at 1600 so there's no way to set 1600+1.
    Ah...that sounds familiar too. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    You might also consider the OM2S which is generally less expensive and has spot metering and ASA setting to 3200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    You might also consider the OM2S which is generally less expensive and has spot metering and ASA setting to 3200.
    The OM-2s is an excellent camera, but suffers from the same battery issue as the OM-4.

Shooter
    35mm
    Are any of the automatic OM cameras battery-independent? I primarily use my OM1 cameras because I don't like the fact that my OM2n is unusable without batteries.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MrclSchprs View Post
    The OM-2s is an excellent camera, but suffers from the same battery issue as the OM-4.
    It was not a design issue but rather an operational issue. Just like all these >20 year old cameras, there is no accounting for previous owner so make sure you have recourse. Also, there seems to be a "fix" -> Rick Oleson

Shooter
    35mm
    Are any of the automatic OM cameras battery-independent? I primarily use my OM1 cameras because I don't like the fact that my OM2n is unusable without batteries.
    Only the OM1 and OM3 were battery independent. The OM2/4 have a mechanical speed available.

I believe the most battery independent auto exposure cameras are the Pentax ES, ESII, K2 and LX, Canon F-1 and Nikon FM3A. Most all others only have a mechanical and B available.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm pretty sure the OM2 goes completely dead, with mirror locked up, when the battery dies. If I'm wrong, then I might start using my OM2 more.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm pretty sure the OM2 goes completely dead, with mirror locked up, when the battery dies. If I'm wrong, then I might start using my OM2 more.
    Without batteries, OM2 only has B and OM4 has 60 and B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first 35mm SLR was an OM-2S Program that I bought new in 1984. It never had battery drain problems any worse than my OM-4T and I never had a set of batteries that wouldn't last more than a year.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    THe OM2 will be as good a camera as any of the mentioned in low light.

Can you not just compensate for the lower metered film speed in your head by doubling the suggested exposure?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin