Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,317   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zorki 4K

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zorki 4K

There's one of these in the local rag for £35 and the seller recons it's mint (we may see). I know it's yet another 35mm which isn't really what I'm after but reading the write-ups on the web I'm tempted. Anyone ever played with one of these?

Tony

PS oooops sorry just thought this should be in the rangefinder forum !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony,
    Take a peek at www.photoetnography.com
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hans I would but the link don't work

Arrrrrrrrrr Got it Thank you Hans photoethnography
    Last edited by TPPhotog; 09-30-2004 at 12:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Been using one since 1975. Built like a tank, nice to handle, easy to use. Not too shabby lens (mine has a 50mm Jupiter 8 lens). I've never bothered sourcing other lenses for it because I've always found the 50mm adequate.

The camera has no metering... I think this is a good thing, no batteries!

Just remember never to change the shutter speed unless the camera is wound on, doing otherwise may damage the mechanism.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Tony for the spelling error. Must be the Rodinal fumes!
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice site! Ms Nakamura has done her homework.

I own several Zorkis, including a couple of the 4K models and they are nice cameras if they have been properly maintained. Of the various FSU rangefinders, for picture taking, I personally prefer the FED 2 types b through d. These FED models have a 61mm rangefinder base. The later FED models (FED 2e, FED3,4 and 5) have the short rangefinder base.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everyone for your help as always, I'll try to get a look at it tomorrow and see if it lives up to the "mint condition label" and has been maintained as I can't get the person on the 'phone at the moment.

Andy - The thing that does worry me and the same with Fed's is how do I know if the shutter speed has been set in it's lifetime without the camera being wound on? Not too worried about the lack of meter as I have a nice Sekonic.

Hans - That's OK I get the same hic!! you got me in the right direction though

Tom - It's amazing what I found there as I use to have a Zenit EM and still have a Zenith 11. I've played with a Fed 4c? but agree the earlier ones look better. Hopefully I'll find out if it's been maintained tomorrow as I can't get the person on the 'phone at the moment.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony, unfortunately I don't know. I've always made sure not to do it, and my 4K is still in perfect order. All I can do is attach the two pages from my camera's manual which warn against wrong setting the shutter speed. Hope they are of some help.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andy, Many thanks for your time and help. I'll take a look at it if it's still there and like checking out any used gear go by what I see and how the person comes accross. Those pages will be very helpful so thank you again. Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a quick update here ..... well I somtimes wonder if people really do want to sell things as I haven't been able to get in touch with the seller. After this thread I may look out for a Zorki though. Thank you everyone for your advice

Now it's the men in white coats time and they will be coming to take me away ......

The friend I get the Picture Posts from collared me today to say he had a Bencini Koroll 24 just come in. Looking on that great Zorki site Hans provided I found the manual for the "S" version.

It's so basic, no meter, takes 120 film 1/2 frame (yippee) has 1/50th of a second or bulb, fixed at F11 and purfect for me made in the 50's. I know .... I know it's a toy .... but it was only the price of a packet of cigarettes and it's so cute. Yep I've got it sitting next to me at home Inside it's perfect and outside just need a little tlc cleaning.

Now all I need is a 120 spiral and find some times for development I promise not to use it with the rolls of 120 Tri-X pan I have in the fridge.

Tony
    Last edited by TPPhotog; 10-01-2004 at 08:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin