Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,634   Online: 755

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lens crud

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lens crud

I just rec'd a Canon FD 24mm f/2.8 from Adorama and it was listed as an 'E', but there appears to be some liquid or something that has gotten underneath the front element. I'm quite surprised at this since I've never seen an 'E' rated item with such a conspicuous issue. I believe it'll be returned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fd24mm.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Return it. Possible lens coating delamination.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    I just rec'd a Canon FD 24mm f/2.8 from Adorama and it was listed as an 'E', but there appears to be some liquid or something that has gotten underneath the front element. I'm quite surprised at this since I've never seen an 'E' rated item with such a conspicuous issue. I believe it'll be returned.
    I'm not surprised you are unhappy and I do apologize.

Please drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com, with your order number, and I will get right on with sorting this out for you.

I should mention that we close early today (Tuesday) for the holiday of Shavuot - re-opening on Friday, so again my apologies if the process of return and resolution are slightly affected by this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now thats some service... lol I just dropped by adorama yesterday for some more dektol too. (and the usual ogling of cameras in the cases)
    Last edited by Newt_on_Swings; 06-07-2011 at 08:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helen Rocks!

All of us at APUG thank you for your continued support.

Hag Samayoch!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    I should mention that we close early today (Tuesday) for the holiday of Shavuot - re-opening on Friday, so again my apologies if the process of return and resolution are slightly affected by this.
    Hi Helen,

I put in an email to customer service last night. If I don't hear anything by Friday afternoon, I'll give them a call.

Thanks,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lens Crud, and Adorama's Interest in Us!

[QUOTE=HelenOster;1192081]

Please drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com, with your order number, and I will get right on with sorting this out for you.

QUOTE]

Good morning, all;

This is a really nice surprise. We have concrete evidence that at least one of the sponsors for this forum is also interested enough in the APUG forum to actively be a participant on this forum. We can see that they are here, and they do have a true interest in what we are doing and in how we are disposed toward them and the service they are providing to the largest film using group of people on the Internet.

If Adorama is interested in what we are doing, and in working with us, and are responsive to us, then they do deserve at least my support for some of my photographic equipment and supplies purchases.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought several used items from them and have only had problems with two. The lens that is the topic of this thread, and a Fuji GA645i that developed a shutter release problem 2 months after I bought it. I returned the camera and the refunded my money. I've been quite happy with Adorama.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, Adorama just sent me a UPS shipping label by email to cover the shipping expense on the return.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Helen Rocks!

All of us at APUG thank you for your continued support.

Hag Samayoch!

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post

If Adorama is interested in what we are doing, and in working with us, and are responsive to us, then they do deserve at least my support for some of my photographic equipment and supplies purchases.
    It's my pleasure to be here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    Well, Adorama just sent me a UPS shipping label by email to cover the shipping expense on the return.
    If you need help with anything else, please let me know.

NB If I ever miss a posting regarding a CS issue I'm always very grateful to get a heads up via email so I can make sure all our customers are looked after.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin