Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,449   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    T-90 is a great camera, get one!

Jeff
    I agree, I have three of them.
    1- The internal battery that powers the LCD display is a flat round CR 1220 Lithium one that can be replaced by a camera repairer quickly and easily.
    2- To avoid the shutter magnets from becoming magnetized put the camera on "B" keep the shutter release depressed and remove the batteries to keep the magnates apart.
    3- The EEE problem can sometimes be corrected by hitting the camera base on a firm object like the palm of your hand , a pillow or a carpeted floor to free the magnets.

Two of the three T90s I own were given to me by people who had left them in cupboards for years and couldn't make them work that had the EEEE symbol on the LCD display.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 06-09-2011 at 06:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I have started something here, and I did not expect so many replies in such a short time. It looks as though the majority are recommending I acquire one, because they still own one, or they did have one and have regretted selling it.
    The only faults or potential faults are the two I have raised in my original post, ie the internal battery, and the 'sticky magnets'. But from the subsequent postings the battery is nothing to worry about - if it fails the LCD will not give a reading when the main batteries are not installed. The magnet problem can and should be prevented by firing the shutter on occasions when the T90 is stored for a period of time. Plus benjiboy's "unique" suggestion for the same problem - worth noting and bearing in mind.
    I think after reading all the comments above I will be going for a T90.
    Thanks,
    pityacka.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pityacka View Post
    Well I have started something here, and I did not expect so many replies in such a short time. It looks as though the majority are recommending I acquire one, because they still own one, or they did have one and have regretted selling it.
    The only faults or potential faults are the two I have raised in my original post, ie the internal battery, and the 'sticky magnets'. But from the subsequent postings the battery is nothing to worry about - if it fails the LCD will not give a reading when the main batteries are not installed. The magnet problem can and should be prevented by firing the shutter on occasions when the T90 is stored for a period of time. Plus benjiboy's "unique" suggestion for the same problem - worth noting and bearing in mind.
    I think after reading all the comments above I will be going for a T90.

Thanks,
    pityacka.
    As I wrote I have three of them and can't use them all all the time and firing the shutter on "B" and removing the batteries keeps the shutter magnets apart and prevents them from becoming magnetized.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hear that the lens mount can come loose on the T90. Easy fix though, just take off the lens mount cover and tighten the screws.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you like the EOS concept but want to shoot FD lenses, then the T90 is perfect.

I use a New F-1, and usually recommend that if someone wants all the features of the New F-1 like spot metering, etc., without having to wait to acquire all the bits and pieces of a New F-1 kit, then the T90 has all of that in one package, as long as you're okay with more of an electronic camera, and are aware of potential issues with the LCD screen.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One small point:

On APUG, referring to a T90 as "old" may confuse some of the regular contributors.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    One small point:

On APUG, referring to a T90 as "old" may confuse some of the regular contributors.
    That's right Matt, although they only made the T90 for around one year in 1986 it was about twenty years ahead of it's time and was the concept that just about all of the modern SLR s are based on both film and digital, to me it's still the height of sophistication even after twenty five years.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I love the EOS3, but agree with you. I had a T90, and it has all the features of the ESO3 + BPE2 for 1Kg less ! I loved mine until it failed with the EEE error, and it is now out of repair

If you buy one, you won't be disappointed !
    Laurent,
    If you need yours fixed, Steve @ Camera Clinic in Reno, NV does good work.
    Send him an email: steven40@aol.com

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a T90 and the New F-1 ... I got the T90 for when I got lazy.
    Like Cooltouch stated ... viewfinder info.

I did not like the loss of information ... so I sold it.
    Otherwise, it is a great camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will mention that despite my appreciation for the refinements of the T90, my favorite Canon 35mm SLR, and the one I shoot most often, is a New F-1 with a motor drive (Battery Pack FN that uses 12 AA batteries!) and an AE finder. There's just something about that big heavy solid brick of a camera that makes using it such a pleasure. It rocks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin