Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,918   Online: 1179

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KrankyKraut View Post
    I loved almost everything about mine. The viewfinder was especially good, making focusing very fast and easy. Ergonomically excellent, all around. There was one thing that made me sell it, though. It was loud. In fact, so loud that discreet street photography wasn't really possible without attracting attention. If that is not an issue for you, it's one of the greatest manual focus cameras.
    I agree the T90 wouldn't be my first choice for shooting street and I tend to use other FD cameras that aren't motor driven, I find that that the T90 for a motor driven camera isn't exceptionally loud and in down town areas the ambient street noise is so loud that it's rarely a problem, and the mirror damping is so good it doesn't produce an excessive amount of vibration.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format

T90 nice paperweight

I purchased a new T90 back in September of '87. I found the sales receipt recently $587 back in '87. Adjusted for inflation, that like a million dollars in today's dollars

The camera was a work horse. I used it mainly for shooting motorcycle races. I put 80 rolls of film thru it on one photo work week. It was an great design but if you don't use it, the shutter will go bad. I had the shutter replaced then the take up reel stopped working. Now it just goes EEEr.
    On the other hand, my fully manual old F1 is still going strong. Well the meter died years ago. I am the original owner of both cameras, so I know their history well.
    Between an older F1 and a T90, I would take the F1 hands down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My second lens for the T90 arrived this morning, - the 35-105mm. Looks as though it has never been used. Will give a try-out this afternoon, whilst the sun is shining. Looking forward to the results. Here in the UK, last night on ebay, a T90 with 6 Canon FD lenses went for about £90.00. Some bargain for the buyer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin