Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,961   Posts: 1,558,292   Online: 961

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Vitomatic II and a Vito B. They are lovely cameras which are reassuringly solid. You can often pick these up cheap from sellers who think they don't work, not knowing that they need a film in them for the shutter to work.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the responses to the thread! I indeed took it out for a test run today and ran a 24 exposure roll through it and boy am I impressed with the results! I took it into a local camera shop thinking the guy behind the counter would know what the letters meant and he looked at it like I had just showed him a three week old sandwich!
    I had gone out this morning before I had a chance to check the replies to this thread so I just kept the lever in its default position Now I know what it is for I doubt I will ever use the function as I don't intend to try it with a flash!

I couldn't believe how sharp some of the photos came out considering the age of the camera, the fact I used a roll of pound shop Kodak film and the fact that I got it developed in one hour in a high street chain! Really impressed with the camera, the gent I bought it off sold me another three Voigtlanders with it for £30 and I hope they all work as well as this one!
    'You're Mad Dog Tannen...'
    '...NOBODY calls me Mad Dog.'

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the same camera without the meter and a Color-Skopar lens and it is one of the best users for color print and transparency film I've used. The build is like a tand and I fully think NOTHING can destroy it.

Shooter
    35mm
    It is a hefty thing that's for sure! It weighs the same as my Zenit EM SLR! As for its survivability I plan to test that tomorrow when it is forecast to rain ALL day but I will be going out with it anyway as I am slightly addicted to using it now!

I am so surprised with the colour I am getting from it, even off pound shop Kodak Colour Plus film!
    'You're Mad Dog Tannen...'
    '...NOBODY calls me Mad Dog.'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had the Vito B and CL in the past. Neat little cameras. Enjoy.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Four Voigtlanders for thirty pounds?? What a deal! I had a 1959 Vitomatic II (which is basically the same as a IIa) that took fantastic pictures. I sold it and the 1951 Voigtlander Vito II folder I had just recently in order to make room for more cameras in the house. What other Voigtlanders did you get in this set?

Have fun with them and enjoy then thoroughly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin