Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,602   Online: 1246

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsanzbajo View Post
    I have been offered a FM2N and a FM3A both mint. The FM3A is more expensive.
    How much are these being offered for or what is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Reactions around Toronto ranged around: "WTF?" "Too pricey" "I've got an FE/FE2/FM2n," not to mention silent head-

scratching and puzzled looks.
    I have heard of this huge difference before but I guess in Toronto - and maybe other countries, the difference was head scratching. The

scans of the ads below - from the same magazine, only show a few dollars (between $10 - $70) difference between an FM2n and the FM3A.

Click on the link for the scanned images -> Adorama, Smile Photo & CCI Camera City

The FM3A is so perplexing even the smaller font upper case A throws people off . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon FM2n $399.
    NIKON FM3A $625 with Nikon 50mm 1:1.4 lens AI-s. I am almost convinced I am getting the FM3A.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am almost convinced I am getting the FM3A.
    Like you almost got the XD-11 . . .

I am almost convinced on A Minolta XD-11. And I plan to get it serviced.
    Believe me I am not one to judge as I cannot choose just one camera . . .

Of course your price with that lens sounds like a good deal to me provided lens is clean and camera is fully functional.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    4 bills is too much for an FM2n unless mayyyybe it is BNIB.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am quite sure 4 bills for a BNIB FM2N - especially a black body, would be a bargain.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got the XD 11. I love it. I have been using it, and really like it. I have been bitten by the camera bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Like you almost got the XD-11 . . .

Believe me I am not one to judge as I cannot choose just one camera . . .

Of course your price with that lens sounds like a good deal to me provided lens is clean and camera is fully functional.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    I am quite sure 4 bills for a BNIB FM2N - especially a black body, would be a bargain.
    Yea mayyybe a black one...
    Users go for 150-200 in the US with clean ones for around 200 and some change sometime

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Users go for 150-200 in the US with clean ones for around 200 and some change sometime
    Much like anything else, there are definitely cheaper versions available. No doubt BNIB may mean different things to the seller vs the buyer . . . ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Might be a disaster for them, but not for us.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been offered a FM2N and a FM3A both mint. The FM3A is more expensive. Is it worth the difference?
    I've got the opposite problem; I already have both the FM2N and FM3A, and I keep meaning to get rid of one of them but still can't decide! (I really like both of them but it doesn't make sense to keep both...)

Anyway, to answer your question if you can afford it I'd go for the FM3A (it'll be much newer and hence have more life left in the seals etc) plus the aperture priority can be handy depending on your style of shooting. But if you go with the FM2N you'll still have a great camera. You really can't go wrong with either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin