Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,252   Online: 867

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's mild sea spray at the best. Thanks for the insight, it's very helpful. If the EOS 3's AF is the same or nearly as good as the 1v, then I am willing to sacrifice the additional weather sealing. Also I will go for the EOS 3 if the price difference between it and 1v is very high. What is the normal price of a 1v and EOS 3? I looked at keh.com (as there are none for sale here) and saw that the 1v goes for $800 and the EOS 3 for $350ish, and I was shocked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The EOS 3 has 45 focus points and also has eye control, which usually works pretty well for me. I bought mine as an 'Ex' on KEH for $275 about 6 months ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chioque View Post
    1v is certainly the best but the best value IMHO is the EOS-3, it can do 90% of what 1v can at a much lower price, though not 100% weather-sealed but lighter
    Exactly.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought my 1V on ebay a couple years ago with power booster for $550 I think. Look around used on fredmiranda.com or getdpi.com. They pop up periodically. Since they are digital dominated forum, the film cameras can languish a bit and the prices can be a bit lower than elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oops double post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will try getdpi. I cannot register at FM. :P

Shooter
    35mm
    +1 for EOS 3.. never failed me for over a decade of usage in the tropical weathers of India..

Shooter
    35mm
    Virtually the same question was asked on photo.net recently.
    In short: the EOS 1v.
    The 1994 EOS 1n has significant disadvantages in AF (only 5 points vs 45) and Speedlite flash compatibility with digital EOS bodies. It does retain the classic Coloni T90 styling, weather sealing and handling of the 1v; both are quieter than the 3. For what I do, the 1n is more than capable. Plus all the EZ flashes are cheaper
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree with Selidor, the 1N is still a wonderful camera. I used to work with 2 EOS 3 bodies when I was shooting film full time (along with my medium and large format kits) They were excellent cameras overall and for the most part could withstand quite a bit of use. I loaned one to my roommate for a week and she managed to drop it and knocked the prism out of alignment. Go figure...

Anyways, since getting out of and now back into film I picked up a 1N w/ PB-E1 and it's been excellent. I don't really use the motor drive on it so I tracked down the BP-E1 battery grip and it got even better. Feels just like my T90 that I miss. I also tracked down the EC-B split screen and it's just wonderful. It's the easiest camera to focus and the 100% viewfinder is fantastic.

I am perfectly happy with this camera and while I'd like to have the 1V, I honestly wouldn't use half the major features (other than EX flash support and faster AF like my 1D cameras), I just don't shoot 35mm at high speed anymore haha!

So I'm casting in another vote for the 1N. A hell of a bargain these days.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eye control of EOS 3 is very useful.
    I bought my bargain grade EOS 3 with PB E1 for $150 from KEH.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin