Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,034   Online: 877

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm

Avoid KEH

Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    How are the bargain grad cameras from keh? No problems with them?
    I'd recommend not using KEH for anything. In my experience they are sloppy and extremely unreliable as to actual working functionality. Your mileage may vary. Lots of folks have had good success with them, and others, like me, have repeatedly been burned by them.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience with kEH is excellent , fully recommended
    Regards
    Matias

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experiences with KEH have been outstanding with accessories, and not that good with lenses. I don't think I would purchase a body from them.

What really bugs me is how broad of a range BGN condition covers. It could be anything from just below what they call "EX" to just above what they call "UG." They really ought to turn the "EX+" rating into "EX," and call what they now call "EX" "GD" instead.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    The 1V needs the stupid NiCad battery for 10 fps. With 8 AAs, you only get 6 fps I think. Though there is some way to jimmy it with rechargeable AA or lithium AA batteries to get 10 fps...
    Yep, there's a small recess on the end of the battery tray which you can fill with a little ball of tape to get full framerate. Rechargeables don't work because they only supply 1.2V per cell (9.6V total). The Canon NiMH battery has 10 1.2V cells (12V) so the 8-cell pack will read low battery. If you use 8 1.5V lithium batteries it works great. Another way is to use 7 NiMH batteries and one 3.7V lithium-ion battery to get high enough voltage, if you want to use rechargeables.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I am looking forward to a deal I got with Sunnyboaz. EOS 3 with power grip here I come! Thanks for the replies and info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way, I have Eneloops, and I plan on using them on the power grip, does that provide 10fps (not that I think I will use that)?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't think the EOS 3 does 10 fps. I think it's 4 fps without the grip, and 7 with. I'm not sure if that 7 is with AAs or the NiMH battery.

Oh, and enjoy the camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sorry, I my mistake about the 10fps. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two EOS 3 bodies. They are good cameras, but you should be aware that the eye-controlled AF doesn't work well if you are an eye glasses wearer. Well, it doesn't work well for me, anyway. But my lenses are as thick as the bottom of a coke bottle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMac View Post
    Yep, there's a small recess on the end of the battery tray which you can fill with a little ball of tape to get full framerate. Rechargeables don't work because they only supply 1.2V per cell (9.6V total). The Canon NiMH battery has 10 1.2V cells (12V) so the 8-cell pack will read low battery. If you use 8 1.5V lithium batteries it works great. Another way is to use 7 NiMH batteries and one 3.7V lithium-ion battery to get high enough voltage, if you want to use rechargeables.
    By the way, thanks for this info. I'm going to file it away in case I ever need it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin