Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,910   Online: 999

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Canon EOS 3,1v, or 1n?

I am now in the market for an EOS film camera, and I am wondering which of the EOS 3,1v or 1n could be the best pick. I am looking for great AF (a bit tired of always focusing manually). Weather sealing is also a plus because I usually shoot where there are sprays from the sea or dust being kicked around. Weight does not matter.

Shooter
    35mm
    1V, simply the best.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1v is certainly the best but the best value IMHO is the EOS-3, it can do 90% of what 1v can at a much lower price, though not 100% weather-sealed but lighter

Shooter
    35mm

Not sure how you could recommend the 3...

Quote Originally Posted by chioque View Post
    1v is certainly the best but the best value IMHO is the EOS-3, it can do 90% of what 1v can at a much lower price, though not 100% weather-sealed but lighter
    The original post specifically mentioned sea spray and sand as primary shooting environments. The 3 might be cheaper and lighter but isn't sealed like the 1V, and again, the original post mentioned weight was not a factor.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    The original post specifically mentioned sea spray and sand as primary shooting environments. The 3 might be cheaper and lighter but isn't sealed like the 1V, and again, the original post mentioned weight was not a factor.
    Had mine out in the rain. It's pretty capable of dealing with those things.

Not to mention, you can buy 3 3's before you're coming close to the price of a 1V.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 for the EOS 3. Put on the booster and you have 9 frames a second

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by delthedog View Post
    +1 for the EOS 3. Put on the booster and you have 9 frames a second
    I though it did 6. I could be wrong. Love my EOS 3 with the booster. Have an EOS 7e as well, but LOVE my EOS 3.

I can't see spending the money on a 1v and if I want steller AF performance, I pull out my 50d. But the EOS 3 does a good job.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sea spray? The 1V may be the best weather sealed of the 3 but don't take any camera into sea spray! Salt water ruins everything electronic. I'd take an old manual camera and lens, something cheap and replaceable like manual focus FD gear, a TX or FTb that only uses battery for meter. That way there is little to be ruined by salt water and if it is ruined it is easily re-bought.

Also remember that you must use a sealed L lens (usually with front filter) to finish the sealing. Otherwise, water can in through the lens and its mount. The lenses with a rubber seal at the mount are sealed (also sealed under all focus/zoom rings and switches).

Of the three, I have an EOS 1N RS but as I said I take my old FD gear for sea shores.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    EOS 3 is 7 fps with PB-E3 according to the camera museum. 1N RS and 1V are 10 fps which are the fastest EOS cameras.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The 1V needs the stupid NiCad battery for 10 fps. With 8 AAs, you only get 6 fps I think. Though there is some way to jimmy it with rechargeable AA or lithium AA batteries to get 10 fps...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin