Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,165   Online: 804

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I punched the cell out of the collar with the battery the camera had when I bought it. There was no deformation at all. I still have it in a box somewhere, but as I was in the process of moving in to the new house, I went ahead and sent the Canonet to Mark Hama.
    Got it back very quickly, and it seems to be functioning perfectly, including the meter. Still kinda busy, but I can hardly wait to get some film through it. I'll probably just load it up and take it with me into town, as this camera is supposed to be my street glass anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't need meter for this camera.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I know, for manual use. But, the CLA from Hama fixed it, and I'm glad the "A" setting is functional. It'd especially help if I decide to sell the camera later.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The meters on these cameras are all over the ballpark, try a 1.5 volt battery, likely as not, the meter may read correctly. The meters are not terribly useful anyway, as the camera has to be set to A for the meter to work. The shutter priority automatic system sometimes confuses new users, and more than once I have heard complaints that a Canonet's shutter won't fire, the problem being that the camera was set to A and the light was not sufficiently in the shutter speed range. I have also bought Canonets with "jammed" shutters, but the shutters were jammed because tye camera was on A, and the batteries were dead.

Last year I was lucky enough to find a black QL17 GIII still new in it's original box. Looking in my closet I am surprised that I have more than 20 of these cameras now, perhaps they are breeding...

Canonets are fun cameras, I have a couple of them in my backpack. Perhaps by tomorrow thwrw will be three?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine seems to be working great now. I've shot about half a roll so far, and to be honest, the quietness of this thing is something I am *not* used to. I've been sick for a few days, but I'm gonna finish this roll and drop it off at a 1-hour to see what develops.
    Having gotten so used to slapping that mirror around, that quiet little 'click' is definitely something that takes a little time for me.

I haven't checked to see what solution Hama used on my meter/battery, but the meter seems to be agreeing with a couple of my other cameras, for the most part. I guess the proof will be in the prints, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got my first roll back (took it to Walmart for send-out)

The exposure values are fine, and the photos are in focus, but the test roll I put through the camera spent about 13 or 14 years
    in various environments, often "stored" in vehicles through all the seasons. Fujicolor 800, all of it shot on the "A" setting. It came out muddy and grainy. One or two of the shots actually look pretty good with that effect, but I'm really going to need to run some fresh film through.
    I guess I also need to find a better film lab to work with until I get my darkroom set up. We have a LOT to do in the basement before I can even start on that project. Gonna work on getting a hybrid setup working sometime in the near future.
    When I get scans, I'll post a couple.

I have a few rolls of other film that have followed me around through the last few years. I'll probably just segregate it and either toss it, or give it away to someone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin