Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,493   Posts: 1,644,922   Online: 1165

Shooter
    35mm

what N75 lenses allow metering?

I have an N75 body with a broken pop-up flash. I think it would make a nice light meter if I could get a lens for it that would enable matrix metering. What's the cheapest lens I can get that will enable matrix metering? What about regular metering? KEH has some off-brand zooms for like $10, but I'm not sure if they work with the N75.
    f/22 and be there.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Matrix only works with "chipped" lenses. Only manual Ai-P lenses deliver matrix. Ai-AIS will deliver spot and centre-weighted only. Some of the plasticky Nikon kit zooms like the variable aperture 28-80 and 35-80 certainly deliver on "cheap."

Shooter
    35mm
    Matrix only works with "chipped" lenses. Only manual Ai-P lenses deliver matrix. Ai-AIS will deliver spot and centre-weighted only.
    Sorry, I'm not educated in the ways of Nikon, so these acronyms mean nothing to me. When I shop for lenses, they never say if the lens is Ai-P or whatever; I guess you are supposed to be able to tell.

I literally don't care about quality, I only want something to pop on so I can use the camera as a meter. I don't think the N75 has spot metering, but if I get a long lens, that's almost as good. I was looking at the 70-200 off-brand zooms on KEH for like $10 but after reading further I don't think they will work with metering. Will any AF lens work, or are there even AF lenses that will not work with the N75?
    f/22 and be there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin