Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,150   Posts: 1,614,005   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Help needed on Mamiya Super 23 Kit and RB67

Hi everyone. First time poster. I had a question to ask all of you considering my knowledge of 35 mm cameras and lenses are quite lacking. I potentially have the ability to purchase a Mamiya Super 23 Kit and Mamiya RB67 in the next couple of weeks. I haven't had the ability yet to see the cameras in person (I might not until the day of the auction) so I can't give the absolute specifics on the camera lenses.

From what I can see, there is a 23 with two backs, a f = 50mm 1:6.7 lens, three other lenses, and a nice case. There is also an RB67 with two unknown lenses (I'm assuming a 150 or 200, but who knows?). You can look at the pictures and judge yourself.

My question for you all would be: How much would these two kits be worth? Better yet, how much would you be willing to pay for everything? Would it be better to sell the whole kit, or sell it piece by piece? In exchange for your kindness and assistance, I plan on listing the cameras (given me being able to purchase them) on APUG for your consideration at a much lower price. Thank you so much for your kindness, honesty, and help!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23 Body.jpg   RB67.jpg   23 Extra Back.jpg   23 in Case.jpg   23 Kit.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wild guess for the Super 23 kit.
    300-500.00
    The 50mm boosts the value of this kit.
    Looks sweet.

This all depends on actual condition of individual items.

edit: looks like there is another wide angle besides the 50 mounted on camera.
    If they are all good look toward the higher end of my estimate.

edit II:I spoke too soon and would need to know exact the lenses included

RB kits are going for cheap these days.
    It's hard to say without more specific info.
    List the lenses if you can.
    Last edited by brucemuir; 06-25-2011 at 11:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the reply! I'll try to post what the lenses are on Monday when I might get the chance to stop by the store and take a look. Anybody else have some ideas? I appreciate all of your help!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Also, if anyone is interested in looking, I've posted the link for the auction in which the Mamiyas are a part of. If you see anything you like or would purchase given the chance, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 50 is a desirable lens. And the Press system is great if you like range finders. If the seller were to sell the lens by itself, he could probably get $300 to $600, depending on it's condition and who is looking for one at the time of the sale. The way to score that lens for cheap is to get it as part of a kit, usually. If you can get the Mamiya for under $500, and you like rangefinders, I would do it.

Be aware that if the viewfinder is not there, you are limited to the ground glass or guessing composition.

I would really love that Super 23 system myself. It is much better than my own. If you don't want it, please put me in contact with the seller. Or if you do want it just to re-sell, please contact me after you get it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi 2F, I sent you a private message.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Looks like a 50mm, 65mm, 90mm and 127mm on the press kit if my memory serves me right. (had a very similar kit, some of the best pictures I've ever taken actually)
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    That helps a lot Klainmeister. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking 50, 65, 100 f/3.5, and 150 myself, though it is hard to tell from the pix.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The front element on the second to largest lens isn't large enough to be the 100mm methinks. The barrel looks identical to the 90mm I had. You might be right on the 150mm though. This should help:

http://members.cox.net/gmhsint/lensesoverview.html
    K.S. Klain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin