Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,754   Online: 926

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

K1000 eBay surprise

Finally got the Pentax I won on eBay, and I'm thinking if the guy had shown and described it more accurately, it might have gone for a bit more than the $26 I gave for it and the Vivitar Auto 2600 flash.
    It was very well packed (almost didn't find the flash in all the packing) and arrived with no shipping damage. The only obvious problem at first glance was one of the front leatherette panels wasn't quite lined up well... but that's fixable.
    The lens looked fine, and the shutter seems to work fine at different speeds, and it's certainly cleaner inside than out (though not bad outside either). Meter wasn't twitching, but a trip to the Battery Depot fixed that right up. When I depressed the release to remove the lens... it just started turning. No bayonet? Oh, yeah... M42! I looked more closely and the adapter is marked Asahi Pentax. Woot! So, no 50/2 for the moment, but that's easily remedied.

Oh yeah... the plastic pad on the rewind lever is missing. Gotta find one of those, or fabricate something...

I burned a roll of film while Zoe and I had supper, and had it developed at Walgreen's. The photos came out well, and the meter seems to have done a good job.

All in all, a good camera to clean up and hopefully pass on to Zoe when/if she's old enough to appreciate it... if she turns her nose up at it, no loss to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0370.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It look great! Enjoy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Great find! The K1000 is a wonderful camera. Instead of a 50/2, you might want to pick up a 35 - 80 zoom. But either way you should enjoy it. My kids love using mine because it is all very fascinating without all the electronic stuff!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 35-80 zoom coming in a few days, attached to a p30t. $15.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My granddaughter is interested in photography so last summer I bought her a nice little K1000 with lens (50/2) I think, flash, case, and one of those cool, old 70's straps off of Craigslist for about what you paid so the price sounds about right. Best thing is, she is taking some good pictures with it, so my investment has already paid great dividends!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    My granddaughter is interested in photography so last summer I bought her a nice little K1000 with lens (50/2) I think, flash, case, and one of those cool, old 70's straps off of Craigslist for about what you paid so the price sounds about right. Best thing is, she is taking some good pictures with it, so my investment has already paid great dividends!
    I love those old straps. I want to get a few more for my DSLR's, I have one on my Nikkormat and one on my Nikon FG
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin