Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,639   Online: 1096

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's not the cameras that matter, its the lenses.
    Choose a lens or lens system and that chooses the cameras that are available for those lenses.
    Long ago I choose Nikkor SLR lenses, so the progression from Nikon Ftn to Fm2 to Fm3A was logical for me.-Dick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take also into consideration that not all lenses will work on later model cameras from the same manufacturer except for Minolta. The single longest run for a lens mount system belongs to the SR mount. It did not change from 52 until the late 80's when the A mount for the auto focus cameras came out.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The single longest run for a lens mount system belongs to the SR mount. It did not change from 52 until the late 80's when the A mount for the auto focus cameras came out.

Nikon F mount--1959 to the present? No total MF/AF legacy break.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I stand corrected.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Take also into consideration that not all lenses will work on later model cameras from the same manufacturer except for Minolta. The single longest run for a lens mount system belongs to the SR mount. It did not change from 52 until the late 80's when the A mount for the auto focus cameras came out.
    Leica M: 1954-today...

I'll get back to you later about facile "figure of speaches".
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format

First Post, But I Have This Question:

Quote Originally Posted by Vsanzbajo View Post
    Anyone heard of this problem with the FM3A?
    "Nikon supposedly admitted (and I confirmed with my lens and camera) that for lenses with F/1.4 aperture the metering does not work properly. When opening the lens from f2 to f1.4, the metering needle advances by 1/3 or 2/3 f-stop. The workaround is to manually overexpose by 1/3 to 2/3 f-stops when using this aperture.
    I did an experiment in the Aperture priority mode and found that the problem actually does not exist in this mode."
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Sorry to drag up this old thread. I expect delivery of an FM3A soon, and have been idly reading on-line info. I came across this quote, but I never saw the question answered. Since I expect to use 85/f1.4 and 50/f1.4 lenses on the camera, I am quite interested in the answer.

Does anyone know or have you ever heard this elsewhere?

Cheers!

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy3 View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry to drag up this old thread. I expect delivery of an FM3A soon, and have been idly reading on-line info. I came across this quote, but I never saw the question answered. Since I expect to use 85/f1.4 and 50/f1.4 lenses on the camera, I am quite interested in the answer.

Does anyone know or have you ever heard this elsewhere?

Cheers!

Tom
    I can't see how this could happen with lens of f/1.4 but not other lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Chan Tran, I have not puzzled that out either. I have not heard or seen this malfunction referred to any where else, so I will assume it is isolated or nonexistent. I will also check out the camera metering vs. my handheld, that should tell the story right enough...

Best,

Tom

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Update, my FM3A continues to chug along with it's MDII installed. All my AIS lense fit and work from 24mm to 500mm. Only thing that could be better is lighting for the match needles inside the finder if in Manual.
    Just used it for the portrait shots for a commercial wedding with the 24mm lens for coverage and the 24mm f2.8 Nikkor is just as good as when I first used it, decades ago for weddings. To use my 21mm f2.8 Leica ASPH, I must use a handle mount Metz because the 21mm finder goes where the hotshoe is.
    The Nikon setup is much more compact.
    The FM3A is the best Nikon film camera today. As much as I love the Nikon F, they and the FTn finders are aging. Too bad nikon made such a shor run of FM3A's. I ordered mine through a local Nikon Dealer just as production ended. He came through with a black body at a nice discount. Shoud have purchased two.-Dick

ii

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin