Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,987   Online: 804

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    It's when I see things like this that I mourn the replacement of mechanical engineering by digital engineering as the predominent form of design and maufacturing. These sorts of ingenious little devices were just wonderful to behold.

WELL SAID!!! I feel the same way.

I'll get in line to buy it, Katie, should you change your mind...

Ken

I'll keep you guys in mind, should I decide to sell any of my wonderful treasures!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I have been sent this picture and asked what it is. It came in an old camera bag with a Minolta XG-1, and since I shoot one, they thought I would know.

THANKS!
    A wind-up-add-on self timer, screws into the cable release socket. John

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have always loved the look of that type of timer, that is a nice one, in fact all the timers shown in this thread are nice. These little clockwork bits are just another reminder of how cool some old tech was.

I have looked at several of those types of timers and always go back to my old Kodak timers that only work on Kodak cable releases. My Kodak cable releases work on all my cameras that take cable releases, and the ones that don't take cables have timers or remotes, but I do have a Zeiss folder that has a timer and takes a cable.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    We used to call these M.R.M s, (Mouse Raping Mechanisms) in the trade
    Bahaha that's awesome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The OP reminded me that I might still have one. When I was back in Los Angeles, I found it. Now it will hang out with my Pacemaker Speed Graphic since the smaller format cameras have the self timers built in. Thanks to the OP!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    So the thread mount fits Hasselblad? Hmmm, I will tell them it's junk and keep it for myself!
    Tell them that the requisite batteries are no longer available, and it's useless to them.

Lee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin