Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,205   Online: 796

Shooter
    Multi Format

Opinions please.

I just picked up a very nice Canon rebel G & 28-80 lens that my friend wants to swap his Nikon EM & 50 1.8 series E for.I'm a Nikon guy and realize the EM is no F3HP but would this be a fair trade?The EM is also minty.

Thank You

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure. While I like my old Rebel, the market for 'em is pretty slack at the moment, even with the kit lens. That's just my opinion though. I've taken some nice pictures with the ol' Reb... but I'd trade it for the Nikon myself, since I already have an A2E as a film partner for my digital XSi.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Spacer.Score 1 for the Nikon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    Naw. While I like my old Rebel, the market for 'em is pretty slack at the moment, even with the kit lens. That's just my opinion though. I've taken some nice pictures with the ol' Reb.
    That's a bit non committal

The Canon EOS 2000's are quite cheap now like the D300 I bought last year they can be found at ridiculously low prices. I paid £10 ($16) for a new body last year there was a choice of about 30 and the lens isn't worth much either.

You'd be better off with the Cosina made EM if you've already got Nikon kit, it'll be better made

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That's a bit non committal

The Canon EOS 2000's are quite cheap now like the D300 I bought last year they can be found at ridiculously low prices. I paid £10 ($16) for a new body last year there was a choice of about 30 and the lens isn't worth much either.

You'd be better off with the Cosina made EM if you've already got Nikon kit, it'll be better made

Ian
    Yeah, I was feeling a little non-committal there, as I do like the Rebel plasti-cam, but I'd still go for the Nikon in this case, so there's my commitment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my EM, its just so small and fun to use. Its simple Aperture priority mode lets you get in quick shots. A trick to manually alter film speed settings at a specific aperture is to turn the ISO dial. hey its better than nothing.

Personally I dont like the film rebels, they are so bleh for a number of reasons I outlined on a previous post in another thread.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think it's fair trade. The EM is old the Rebel G is new. Both have about the same value.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hold out for an FG--a grown-up version of the EM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin