Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,059   Posts: 1,611,234   Online: 954

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The closest to the 7 is a 7.

If you want most of the features of the 7 without the price, buy a 5. Should be under $20, still does wireless TTL flash, SSM, etc. Nowhere near the focus speed or ruggedness though, it's not a pro body.

If you want ruggedness but not modern features, get an older 8 or 9 series body.

Table of all Alpha/Dynax/Maxxum bodies.

Shooter
    35mm
    Manage to get one dynax 7 for 100€, body only. Since I have a few good lens m42, should I god for the m42/sony alpha (minolta af) adapter? And in the field of af, a good normal zoom to start a 28-70, f/3.5?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    Manage to get one dynax 7 for 100€, body only. Since I have a few good lens m42, should I god for the m42/sony alpha (minolta af) adapter? And in the field of af, a good normal zoom to start a 28-70, f/3.5?

You'll want the Minolta 28-80. (f/3.5)

http://www.keh.com/camera/Minolta-Ma...99077622N?r=FE

Yes, even KEH sells the 7 for < $200 (US) when they have one. I've coveted one for years, but now I don't really shoot 35mm anymore and I do have a 650si. So even $200 seems unnecessary.

Shooter
    35mm

Maxxum 7

I've just, this year, pretty much completed my Minolta AF body collection. The Maxxum 7 was both "first and last" for me because I had one years ago, which I sold, and now have one in even better condition than the one I had. The 7 is probably the pinnacle of all 35mm SLRs ever made. That said, it does suffer from one weird quirk - the rubberized coating on the body, which makes the camera easy to hold, is fragile. It comes off - my original one started peeling after contact with some fruit juice I had on my hand. It doesn't hurt anything of course, just makes the camera look "ugly" or worn. It's kinda the equivalent of brassing.

Start with the 50mm f1.7 lens and a 28mm and you'll be good for a while.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin