Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,391   Online: 857

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    EM+E50mmf1.8,low cost, only a small battery set needed, weighs nothing, theft proof(who cares for this cheap old thing?),A-B and M90 who needs more?,center weight TTL

done,

this thing goes where I go

Shooter
    35mm
    F2

Shooter
    35mm
    I have owned F2AS, F3HP, FE, FM, EM, FA as far as the manual focus cameras are concerned. My favorite is the F3HP although it was not love at first sight. It just grew on me. I do like the F2AS a lot but I like the F3HP more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In descending order of fondness:
    1) F2
    2) F3HP
    3) FM2 (don't own)
    4) Nikkormat (don't own)
    5) F4S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    F2 over the F only because of the 1/2000th extra stop advantage but I like the feel of the original F a bit better.
    Ditto, and add the convenience of the hinged back door. Might as well make it one of the later auto indexing models while we are at it.

But nothing, and I mean NOTHING, feels as good to shoot to me as the F. I just chose the F2 for a few reasons of practicality. In the end, it is about how well a camera provides you with what you need in order to do what you want to do, not some romantic feeling about how great it "feels" to shoot it. By choosing the F2, I give up the utmost in "feel" and "style" that I get with the F in order to be able to change my film more quickly and use a faster shutter speed. The F2 has a few important added features over the F, but without going so far as to make it seem like an overkill electronic wonder camera, like the F3.

It is also really hard for me not to name the early Canon F-1. Great, great cameras. Everything I need, and nothing I don't. But maintenance and repair have proven to be hell for me with these cameras.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-01-2011 at 05:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've owned or used the Nikkormat FTN, F2A, F3HP, FM, FM2n, EM, and N2000. My favorite is the F2A - I like the 100% viewfinder, the meter, the ability to take non-AI and AI/S lenses, and the way the thing was built.

Shooter
    35mm
    Probably my FA as back in 1986 that got me started with Nikon, although I could happily toss a coin between that & the F3. Rather like F3's. Have two of them. After that it would be the FM2. Of my MF Nikon's these see the most use. Bringing up the rear would be the FE2 & then the F. The F is a joy to shoot but it sees the least use of the bunch.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kivis View Post
    So many to choose from. Which would choose if you could only have one?
    It's a great thing we don't have to choose one

As the song goes . . . I still haven't found what I'm looking for . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    i preferred my FM2n to my FE2, only because I got used to the LED meter indicator on the FM2.

However, I'm finding I'm still getting used to meter readings in the FM2. It tends to overexpose more than I'd like. But, as with any tool, you learn how to compensate for oddities.

But it'd be nice to have something that worked perfectly without any adjustment...a la my old Olympus OM4T.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only have one it is Rolleiflex SLX. I would like to have an SL66 also.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin