Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,634   Online: 999

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

non Leica lens for Leica R3

Leica R3 Bodies goes from 80 dollars at Keh and I want to buy and I want to buy a Leica lens when money collected. Until Leica lens investment , I want to use the excellent body with a lens. I once owned Leicaflex and Summicron and I know how these ergonomics , shutter smoothness , sound , vibration , leather outperforms the others.
    Now I am looking for a 50 dollar lens which could be mounted on this camera. If there is British , German , French , American lenses for it , it is better.

Thank you ,

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Tamron (Japanese) Adaptall lenses could work - incase you dont know about them, they are a range of lenses with a separate adaptor to mount on any camera. Several adaptors exist, one for each type of mount (Pentax K, Nikon F, Canon FD etc.). Ive seen Official Tamron adaptors for an R4, though they should work with an R3 too.
    However, they are quite uncommon on the used market and as such cost more than the other adaptors, so you may have to spend a little over $50 overall. Adaptall lenses themselves are cheap, and some perform reasonably well.
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Selidor. I visited your blog and color correction of photographs reminded me the Cinema Sector.

This Tamron is a Japanese option. Is there any European option , were there 35 mm lenses from Europe cheap and able to mount with a adaptors for that price ?

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Umut. I would agree with Selidor with the choice of Tamron as there are a lot of the lenses on the market to choose from and they give generally good results. Sigma is another Japanese option but I suspect a Sigma lens in an R mount would be very hard to come by. Angenieux also made lenses for these cameras but they would be as or even more expensive than the Leitz ones. If you want a cheap lens then Japanese would be the best option - just select a decent one and go with it. The camera after all is part Japanese as it shares a large amount of its design with the Minolta XE-1 so isn't entirely european anyway. I would suggest that if you want to use Leitz only and get the most from the camera then save up and buy the camera and lens together. The dealer may even give a better deal for the two purchased together.
    " ... a cook who relies on nothing but a sharp knife has no guarantee of producing excellent dishes." - Yoshihisa Maitani

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Onepuff , Hello Scotland ,

Thank you , I just finished reading Yachting World and travel by boat to Islay Distilliries. I dont know when , but my first visit will be Scotland and whisky makers. And I am thinking to buy an old 40 years old Land Rover and drive back with a unmounted Rolls Royce Engine and an British Seagull at the back. I really hate new products designs and I love old British Designs.

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin