Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,484   Online: 1232

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    Thinking of just picking up another F90X body... aiyah... but hoping not to go there if I can avoid it. Maybe if I can mount non-Ai coupling lenses on this camera I'll be fine. Or shoot in M mode with a light meter (seems to work!).
    I actually have 4 N90s bodies. Two are true beaters with real quirks but handy in M-mode hip deep in a river or any place where you might not want a nice camera.

Actually prefer M-mode 99% of the time.

If my good ones died though, I'd just get a bargain body from KEH. Might even get an F100.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    I actually have 4 N90s bodies. Two are true beaters with real quirks but handy in M-mode hip deep in a river or any place where you might not want a nice camera.

Actually prefer M-mode 99% of the time.

If my good ones died though, I'd just get a bargain body from KEH. Might even get an F100.
    Actuually... I too also quite prefer M-mode with my sekonic l-308s light meter. Makes for great exposures (versus having to exposure compensate up and down and up an down...).

I think the rest of the camera is in great working condition (although looks pretty used) and the internals seem to be intact and working very strong. If it's just the Ai-coupling... I think I might be okay here Maybe just shoot M mode and call it a day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NO OIL! A drop of alcohol andor two working the ring could help. If one application helps try a second.
    If you want adventure, the ring is held on by the lens mount, if you're willing to go exploring there may be enough dust in there to slow it down.
    Keep the camera laying on it's back and work carefully as I recall the coupling ring like to pop out of position.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    How did you end up fixing this?
    This was several years ago when my F90 was only a year or two old, so I sent it to Nikon for repair. It wasn't cheap but the cameras was in perfect condition otherwise so I wanted to get the work done.

My instinct is that an independent shop could do it economically. I'm a big fan of getting cameras serviced because repair shops will clean them up and adjust them and they'll tick along for many more years. The less uncertainty, the better.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin