Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,007   Posts: 1,524,566   Online: 1004

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    im empty, good luck

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been doing most of photography with my Zuiko 35-105mm zoom with close focus. It's not humongous, and it covers a very nice range of focal lengths for me. Soooo, I guess my answer would be "yes".
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a previous post I said the 35mm but know I think the 85mm!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd go with 35mm unless I was expecting to photograph a lot of people then I would chose the 50. If you are taking a lot of images in low light a 50mm may be better since they usually faster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    My favourite walk about street shooting lens is a Canon FD 35mm f2. with the focus set at around 10ft at round about f8 using the hyperfocal distance there's little o need to focus for grab shots.

As much as I love my 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor, I would go with the 35mm with less need
    for critical focus as above, and also If I use a flash. (F2AS film camera).

Best regards,

/Clay

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    FA 31 Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsanzbajo View Post
    Which one would you choose for carrying only one lens? Just as a tourist around for travel and sightseeing.
    Geeez, not only must I agree to carry only one lens, but it has to be one of two that you pick? Thanks, but I pass. If I have to travel so light that I cannot have but one lens, then I would choose between one of these two cameras:

1) Hasselblad XPan with 45mm lens.

2) Contax TVS III with Zeiss 30-60mm zoom.

The fact is, the Contax is so compact and has so much capability that I usually have it with me no matter what else I am carrying.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin