Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,591   Online: 1012

Shooter
    35mm

Where to find an aperture ball detent?

I have a Minolta 55/1.7 that needs a ball detent for the aperture, no idea why it doesn't have one now as I got it second hand. Anyone know where I can find one? I'm thinking about sacrificing my Kiron 28-70mm for the cause, assuming it uses the same size ball.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-types/balls

Link points to Boca Bearing "Ball" ordering page. They have what you want, but the quantities are too much. Maybe they will send a single 'sample' ball.

Shooter
    35mm
    Microtools.com You want a 0.5 size.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys, I ordered a bunch of balls to try. Funny story about this though, today I was working on a different lens. Of course instead of the ball flying out, the aperture SPRING popped out. While on my knees and looking for the spring, I found a ball in the carpet fibers...who wants to bet this is the missing aperture ball :P Of course, now I am missing a spring and I can't find it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altim View Post
    Thanks guys, I ordered a bunch of balls to try. Funny story about this though, today I was working on a different lens. Of course instead of the ball flying out, the aperture SPRING popped out. While on my knees and looking for the spring, I found a ball in the carpet fibers...who wants to bet this is the missing aperture ball :P Of course, now I am missing a spring and I can't find it.
    This is the very reason I do all my camera tweaking inside my largest darkroom tray.. too many hours wasted on my hands and knees looking for springs etc I just put a couple of phone directories on one side of tray where I am sitting to avoid my arms resting on the tray's lip all the time.. and make it comfortable
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin