Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,746   Online: 851

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Er, make that five with the 105/4.
    If you can find one.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm also fond of the 200/4
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am quite pleased with my 105 2.8 AF micro Nikkor that I use on the manual setting. It can focus to 1:1 and also makes for a decent portrait lens.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently bought a new Nikkor af 105 2.8G. I bought it to use with my D700, but find that I'm using it more with my N80. It may be heavy,but it is a wonderful, tack sharp lens. I use most of my lenses in manual mode.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    One of the best ever - 55mm Micro-Nikkor
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About 10 years ago I purchased a Kiron 105/2.8 Macro lens that goes 1:1 without an adapter (for my Nikon). It was only $75 and I thought of it as a stand-in until I purchased an actual Nikon 'Micro' Nikkor. A decade later I'm still using this most excellent Kiron lens. Unfortunately (for a buyer), they're going for a bit more than $75 these days but is still worth it.

I also have the 55/2.8 and 200/4 Micro-Nikkors and find that I use the Kiron more often. With the 105, I like the distance between subject & lens and the way the background is rendered when compared to the 55. The 200 is nice but I continue to go with the 105. It's just right (for me). Good luck!

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 07-09-2011 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Punctuation issues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With film, I used my 105mm Nikon macro lens more than my 55mm Nikon macro. With my APS sized digital body, I find myself using the 55mm macro more than the 105mm macro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    This and also a f3.5 non-AI version which I own. 1:1 reproduction, but it's non-AI which means I think you're screwed unless using manual mode. I put it on my buddie's d3000 d*****l and I could snap a photo in manual mode with it
    It is worse than being screwed in regards to metering modes and what have you. It simply will not mount on some cameras without breaking them. You need a camera with no AI ring (e.g. F, Nikkormat, D40), or one with an AI tab that flips out of the way (e.g. late F2, F3).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin