Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,913   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

How to set ISO settings in a NIkon F with Photomic T prism?

I can not figure this out. Please help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I as I know ASA is equal to ISO.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I know that, but I do not how to set ISO in the camera with the prism on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is different for each lens, so you need to choose your lens first. Then, look at the lowest f number on the aperture ring, e.g. f/1.4. Whatever that is, you line up the EI with it on the meter. You need to lift the ring to rotate it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 1'1.4 lens. EI? What is that? Can you explain step by step, please?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    It is different for each lens, so you need to choose your lens first. Then, look at the lowest f number on the aperture ring, e.g. f/1.4. Whatever that is, you line up the EI with it on the meter. You need to lift the ring to rotate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use the box speed of the film [ISO, ASA ...] as the EI. EI is the Effective Index which for now use the ISO. You can learn about EI later if you want to use a variant of the Zone System [ZS]

Look for a manual at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/nikon.htm If you find what you need please remember to send him the $3.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    EI is the number that you put into your exposure calculations or light meter. In other words, it is how you "rate" your film.

Box speed is box speed because it works for an average shooting in average conditions. It should get you a usable image, though usually not "ideal," most of the time, so I'd start with that for your EI.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/nikon/n...c_t_finder.htm

Just in case you don't know about butkus, and didn't have the chance to look at the manual

Oops,,, somebody beat me
    Last edited by Grif; 07-08-2011 at 09:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Duh,,,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lets another whack =)
    ASA/ISO is the film manufacturers rated speed for a given film. IE: Tri-X=400.

EI is Exposure Index, a film speed rating different than the manufacturers.
    Usually found by testing your exposure/development techniques to find an exposure that gives the results you want. Usually a full range of detail, but not necesarily, you may want higher or lower contrast or a more or less dense negative.
    The NikonTn meter has a series of maximum apertures on top of the SS dial. To set the ASA/ISO. You set the max aperture of your lens to the appropriate mark on the dial.
    This needs to be changed when you change to a lens with a different maximum aperture.
    Because this is the manufacturers rating, it not EI but is ASA/ISO.
    Last edited by John Koehrer; 07-08-2011 at 06:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lift the ring and turn it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin